Mayonnaise/Mircle Whip

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mayonnaise/Mircle Whip

Post by Legacy777 »

I'm sure everyone has had a time when they've been working on the car, and afterwards your hands still smell like oil/gas/etc.

Take a little bit of mayonnaise and rub it on your hands, then wash with soap and water. Surprising as it is....it helps get rid of the smell. I used mircle whip last night for gas-smelling hands.

A mechanic friend of my mom told her about it.

Try it the next time your hands stink, and reply to this thread if it works for you.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Miracle Whip is not mayonnaise. I wonder which works better.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Miracle whip is actually what original mayonnaise tasted like. Best foods/Hellmans is not real mayonnaise but is concidered real now-a-days. ;)

I think the Miracle Whip stuff tastes like poo though. Bestfoods/Hellmans is where it's at. :-D
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

So then instead of smelling like a manly mechanic, you smell like a sandwich.
98 Steel Widebody RSTi-RA Superbeast
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Real mayonnaise is an emulsion of a vegetable oil and water made slightly acidic by the use of lemon juice and/or vinegar, formed by intense whisking and held together with the lecithin in an egg yolk., seasoned with some salt and powdered mustard. Seasoned with some salt and powdered mustard, the way I make it. Annd often some very finely minced garlic.

Mmm.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I've tried both.....all I can say is it works.....
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

vrg3 wrote:Real mayonnaise is an emulsion of a vegetable oil and water made slightly acidic by the use of lemon juice and/or vinegar, formed by intense whisking and held together with the lecithin in an egg yolk., seasoned with some salt and powdered mustard. Seasoned with some salt and powdered mustard, the way I make it. Annd often some very finely minced garlic.

Mmm.
LOL! Your posts about food are just as "convoluted and information-packed" as your posts about cars!
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

For the same reason. They're both passions. :)

Wow. It looks as if I was drunk or something when typing that description.