N00b on the Leggy Forums!

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

redlineracer
First Gear

N00b on the Leggy Forums!

Post by redlineracer »

Well, my name is Ron and I live in Klamath Falls, OR. I am 25 years of age. I've been stalking this site for a while now well more like reading stuff on this site and this is a place where I belong. I am the proud owner of a 1991 Subaru Legacy SS with auto tranny. I bought my Leg for $2,000 in prime condition (paint and mechanically perfect) with only 136,000 miles on it in Oceanside, CA. Had it checked out by a Independent Subaru shop and my auto tech class. Everything was in its prime. I have had my Leg for over a year now and she still purrs. The first mod I did on her was put an exhaust. Sounded very nice. I didnt know what kind of potential that this car had. So I started playing around with it. LOL But you know I will let you all know of how my car is doing in these forums. But as for right now, I love my car. Too bad she's in the shop with some hesitation problems.

Mods to my car: DNX muffler, OBX RFL BOV recirculated to the intake mani, MAF adaptor with shorty cone filter, Bosch Plat 4's, Beltronics VectorPro GX2, Autometer Boost Gauge, passenger seat taken out, chimney removed and water protector removed, Perrin Performance EBCS, KYB GR-2's, removed reflectors from bottom turn signals and made clear turn signals with blue bulbs.
On the way parts: Turbo timer and aluminum bezel for speedo and tach.
Future Mods: EJ20TT and tranny (real soon), more gauges, stiffen suspension and chassis, roll cage, FMIC, aluminum charge piping, relocate battery to trunk, diamond plate floors and diamond plate section between rear seats and trunk and diamond plate where the rear bench seat was, 3" piping eliminating secondary cat-converter to muffler
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Welcome to the board.

That's some mighty orange text you have there....
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

Holy goldenrod lettering Batman!!! I should've put on my sunglasses!

Welcome to the forums. As they say, the more the merrier.

But why go with the EJ20tt if the origional motor still purrs? If you've read the forums, you'd realize there's a lot of potential in the EJ22T. And even if it is aluminum, wouldn't diamond plate add a lot of weight? I assume you're trying to make your Leggy faster than a bat out of hell.
-2004 Liquid Silver WRX "Pretty Hate Machine"
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

EJ20TT will be a PITA to put in a LHD car.

BTW, please don't use colors. Plain text works very nicely :D
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
redlineracer
First Gear

Post by redlineracer »

Well spanks guys. I'm wanting the car to go faster as well as look good. I've been looking at some Aerotech body kits in New Zealand and they are quite the same as the ones Ebay sellers sell otherwise ricey. But it depends on how you look at things. I guess they are okay kits. I'm trying my best to make my car go faster as well as do some things that people havent tried on the forum or anywhere else. Kinda make the car special. But if it doesnt become special it becomes special Ed. Which means its in the shop all the time. Ya know. But I'm going to try to get into some rally events in Oregon here and see what happens. Hopefully I can meet up with some of you guys and compare cars. :-D
91White-T
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: N00b on the Leggy Forums!

Post by 91White-T »

redlineracer wrote:made clear turn signals with blue bulbs
sweeeeeeet
98 Ford Contour V6 24V 5MT
98 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS1 6MT
91 Rio Red SS 5MT Sold
91 Flat Black Wagon L+ 4EAT RIP
91 Pearl White SS 4EAT RIP
redlineracer
First Gear

Post by redlineracer »

Yeah you know those bumper turn signals at the bottom of the bumper, well if you open that up and look real closely there are reflector-like plastic on the actual cover. All you have to do is look for a little crease or gap in between the reflector and the cover itself. Basically just pull it out with a flathead screwdriver and clean up the front cover with that headlight fader cleaner. And WA-LA you you have some clear bumper turn signals. I put some blue bulbs in there cause I thought it would look cool at night. But yeah its a freebie mod. I dont know if anyone on here discovered that yet or not.

UPDATE ON ON-THE-WAY PARTS: 4-point seatbelt harness (blue), carbon fiber M3 side mirrors with LED turn signal built-in, upgraded STI top-mount intercooler with metal y-pipe and couplers and new BOV, new intake (made from scratch) included parts are 90 degree silicone elbow (2.25"), 1' aluminum pipe (2.25"), 2.25" to 3" MAF coupler adaptor, custom made bracket to hold the intake in place.

I will put in some pics when my car is done and is running with all the new parts installed. :-D