Another WRX struts on a Legacy thread

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Guttersmash
In Neutral

Another WRX struts on a Legacy thread

Post by Guttersmash »

I'm about to go install my WRX struts I got on my '92 Legacy wagon. I've searched all morning and can't find a picture of which holes you redrill for the rear struts. So if someone could post a pic of there's that'd be great. I know its better to either switch top hats, or get a strut bar to line the holes up. But I don't have time or money for that.

Thanks
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Re: Another WRX struts on a Legacy thread

Post by Apex3 »

Just put it on and you'll see, two of the holes will line up.

I took out the misaligned bolt on my coilovers and am just running two on each instead of 3, they don't really support anything unless the wheel's off the ground anyway.
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

if you only slot the inner holes, the tops won't physically fit in the strut towers, so you have to also slot the outer hole out.

what year wrx suspension did you get? if it's 02-03 you should be able to use your stock tops.
crisco
First Gear

Post by crisco »

im thinking i will do the same but maybe drill separate holes instead of slotting... if its feasible. im sure the back glass doesnt make things any easier to machine it out lol.
--- crisco --- 2005 Saab 9-2X Aero---
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

well, those are wedged in as far as possible, I don't think there's enough room to actually drill new holes, unless maybe you only did it to the outer one. But then you would end up with even worse camber. I ended up putting a strut tower brace in there after the fact and it worked out okay.
crisco
First Gear

Post by crisco »

ok then slots will be fine. i have a GC rear strut bar but '05 WRX struts so im thinking swap the GC bar for a GD one and slot the holes and bolt them up!
--- crisco --- 2005 Saab 9-2X Aero---