Anything new for updating injectors?

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Turbone
In Neutral

Anything new for updating injectors?

Post by Turbone »

I've read most of the threads on updating to bigger injectors, but most of the threads etc were pretty old. Is there anything new out there for upgrades? I want to get around 400cc or better, but not over the top. I doing a mild build for my 89 RX, just refreshing the block with rings and bearings but have got a set of cams from Delta to drop in. Also going up to a VF39 and already have a Walbro 225 FP. Not looking for the most expensive, but not wanting to go real cheap either. Would love to go with Iridium fuel rails and then my options would be much easier, but price is a factor.
89 RX w/2.2T
85 Brat
84 Turbo Coupe
02 Fozzy
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Anything new for updating injectors?

Post by Legacy777 »

What are you planning to do for engine management?

I have found for my setup with the TD05-16G turbo, 550 injectors, and 220 Delta cam I could probably use a little more fuel. Maybe 600's would be the sweet spot and I could get a little more out of the turbo.

The 550 side feeds from the STi and other compatible injectors are a pretty easy swap/conversion for the 22t motors so I'd try and stick with something that is compatible if you have the engine management to use them.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Turbone
In Neutral

Post by Turbone »

I have a modified 95 JDM WRX ECU with ESL software for tuning. Are the side feeds a drop in or do I need the fuel rails also. What about a FPR?
89 RX w/2.2T
85 Brat
84 Turbo Coupe
02 Fozzy
Mister Anderson
First Gear

Post by Mister Anderson »

Depending on what heads you are using Radium Engineering makes top feed injector conversions for the 20G and 20K intakes. The V3/4 conversion use different size injectors and mounting bracket than the V1/2, but you can use the v3/4 conversion on the V1/2 by rotating the bracket 180 degrees. The injectors I’m running are 1000cc fuel injector clinics, and in parallel fuel feed. They are size 14-48-14 (evo x size). The conversion might also work on the 22T intake, but I would have test it to confirm. I’ll post some pics later of the rail setup.
91 black SS 5 speed (Canadian).... Closed deck EJ20G, fully built, V5/6 sti ra drivetrain, haltech stand-alone
93 silver TW 5 speed... rebuilt 22T with 20G heads, wrx ra drivetrain, otherwise stock.
73 kazen red VW bus riviera camper
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Turbone wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:08 pm I have a modified 95 JDM WRX ECU with ESL software for tuning. Are the side feeds a drop in or do I need the fuel rails also. What about a FPR?
Assuming you're using an ej22t motor. You need to use the rails from a 92-94 non-turbo ej22. Those will allow the use of the STi and compatible side feed injectors. It's really probably the easiest and cheapest option to get larger injectors.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm