Pics of legazee's intake plenum! MORE PICS ADDED!!

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

No problem! Looks like you have done a lot of R&D for this project!! :shock:
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
legazee
First Gear

r&d intake

Post by legazee »

yes and you know thats one of the things i like about these legacys is that you do have to dig around and think and come up with your own solutions since everything is marketed towards the wrx. the next step in the intake process is to do away with that 90degree elbow off of the maf for a straighter shot into the turbo. i havea newer legacy intake box that is the angled design so now i will have to get some nice blue silicone connectors and see about replacing that rubber reducing inlet elbow....it just seems that the more ya do to these cars the more ya wanna do :D
inzomniac
First Gear

Post by inzomniac »

were there any noticeable performance gains from this... just curious.
Gary
1995 Legacy LS wagon
1991 Legacy Turbo - 5spd, JDM EJ20 conversion
1985 RX sedan - dual range 4WD, 5spd (P4 rally car)
random aircraft....
legazee
First Gear

gains from intake replacement

Post by legazee »

thats a good question, without a dyno i would not be able to say yes indeedee! butt dyno sez it does feel a little more responsive,however i smoothed and polished the maf housing and the turbo inlet pipe interiors at the same time i installed the intake..... i think it all contributes to better air flow. :D
91White-T
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 91White-T »

So, legazee... are you gonna make some of these to sell to us or what??? :D
98 Ford Contour V6 24V 5MT
98 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS1 6MT
91 Rio Red SS 5MT Sold
91 Flat Black Wagon L+ 4EAT RIP
91 Pearl White SS 4EAT RIP
legazee
First Gear

intake replacement

Post by legazee »

well, if i can complete the 'bluesubie mug ' version to my satisfaction then i will see if i can get a deal from some subie parts dealer to get them cheap enuff and i will just make up about 10 units. i know i could do them for $40 but i think the shipping would have to be picked up by the purchaser, the box these things come in is not big enuf to hold the "improved turbo coffee mug" and sufficient bubblewrap to protect it from the likes of brown or usps. so i have to see what the next size container would be, i dont think shipping will be too much and i will take one down to the p.o. to get an idea on weight and costs. as soon as i have the newer version done i will post a pic installed on my car and 3 shots out of the car so you can get an idea of what it looks like. :)
subyfanatic
In Neutral

Post by subyfanatic »

First of all, I may be able to help you with the purchasing of the mugs as I have a good connection within the Subaru parts business. If you get me some kind of item code or part number I can check what it will cost at wholesale. I may actually be in to buy one from you after you modify it.

Second, I must say that I just found this thread and it's almost like you've discovered a cure for West Nile. I mean, this is like HUGE!!! It's minds like yours that keep this world spinning. I would've never thought of doing that and I usually consider myself as being innovative. You are the man.

E
91 BC5 EJ22T Sedan, 93 BF5 EJ22T Wagon, 93 GF EJ20T, 96 GM EJ20T , 93 GC EJ18
legazee
First Gear

part number

Post by legazee »

subyfanatic there are the following series of nmbers on this box:HB2729175......1832668888.......OUC37 23 BLUE
also 449\04-c192 AL, and more.....002062188814-001 under this series is...F-005. all of this is on the box sticker with the bar code. the local subie dealer sitcker has ....L.L.BEAN OUC37 BLUE[23]
maybe u know which one is the majic number.. and just to let everyone know i have finished the new improved blue version and have installed it on the car and testing it out, more later 8)
subyfanatic
In Neutral

Post by subyfanatic »

I'm not having any luck with those numbers. There's another place I can try that I got promotional Subaru stuff from before. I had a black travel mug with the Subaru logo that I got from them. I'll check tomorrow.

E
91 BC5 EJ22T Sedan, 93 BF5 EJ22T Wagon, 93 GF EJ20T, 96 GM EJ20T , 93 GC EJ18