EJ22T injector top color

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

JasonGrahn wrote:
Legacy777 wrote: The grey tops used on the autos are a pintle nozzle type injector

The black body ones used on the manuals are a ball nozzle type injector.
What does this difference do?
Honestly......I really don't know. I can speculate, but I'm not sure. I know the injectors I'm going to be putting in are different the original pintle ones. I'm not sure if they are a ball nozzle type. They sorta look like a cross-bread of both.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I think ball nozzles allow for more atomization because the ball can seal multiple orifices instead of just the one that a pintle nozzle can seal, so you can spray the fuel out multiple smaller holes. Ball nozzle setups are also supposedly lighter so they move between being open and closed more quickly.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

This is only for the '90's though, right? They were also non-turbo as well IIRC.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
EJ20TMAN
In Neutral

Post by EJ20TMAN »

czo79 wrote:Curious....I can't remember what color my injectors are at the moment...I actually want to say gray...but this I know for a fact, they are 440cc, and I think side feed. But I have a 94 wrx EJ20G (closed deck block) swapped in. So this has always confused me...I often here people talk about STI 440cc injectors...and I thought maybe the new wrx doesn't have injectors that big. But I'm pretty sure my engine is no STI, and I have 440cc injectors...kinda weird right? then I have thought I've people say that either the version 4 sti, which I think was 97 and the last year to have a true closed deck block (i think) had 440cc's, or that the 94 STI, I (don't know what version that is) has 440cc injectors. It seems weird that STI would make injectors that same size as standard wrx injectors, unless STI injectors actually go in standard wrx's. So sometimes it almost makes me wonder what engine I have...as I've heard people say its a wrx "RA" engine...and for a short peroid of time before I bought it I though it was a STI engine...but when I bought it, I was led to believe it was just a plain jane WRX engine, albeit with a closed deck block....ok, I'm rambling, I'll shut up now!
Micum
First of all ur grey injectors are out of a WRX RA (early STI), Last of the closed deck enigines was 95 in the V2 STI as V3 on were open deck. From what i no u do have a WRX RA enigne and thats basicly is a STI engine. It has forged pistons 5th injector closed deck high flow heads ,203KW/ 271 Hp.................PS all pre 96 WRX blocks were closed deck
1990 GT wagon JDM, TD05H, FMIC, Bosch coils 4in twin split dump 3 in rest of system, lowered, manual conversion, 17's, 17psi boost :) , tints, intake res gone and loving it!!!