K&N Drop in Part number

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

QuickDrive
Lurker-King

K&N Drop in Part number

Post by QuickDrive »

Found online store with part number 33-2232. But Canadian Tire has 33-2210 listed.

Can someone confirm the number please?
R I P-------- 91 Turbo 4EAT --------R I P
free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Post by free5ty1e »

Hey whats up?

I just dropped a K&N in, went to a local Autozone and they had the part delivered by 5pm that same day. Can't confirm a part number but autozone should take care of you on that.
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock
91SS 5MT awaiting engine rebuild and VF36...
92SS 4EAT - RIP :(
94SS 5MT4.11+rLSD 289k km: RobTune550,TD05-16g @ 18psi,FMIC,3"TBE,Forester lift
QuickDrive
Lurker-King

Post by QuickDrive »

We don't have autozone here in Canada... well not where I am anyway.

I've found 2 sources going for 2232, so I'll try that one when I change out my oil next time.
R I P-------- 91 Turbo 4EAT --------R I P
mikec
Third Gear

Post by mikec »

I might have the bill for mine somewhere. But I know I definitely threw out the box. The place I got it from I think had it listed as the same one for a WRX. Not sure if that helps you at all.
"That shouldn't be a problem, since I do regularly visit the realm of subatmospheric manifold pressures." -- vrg3
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

K&N's partfinder on their website (http://www.knfilterchargers.com/search/appsearch.aspx) says "33-2232"
MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
Finn1
In Neutral

Post by Finn1 »

Hei All,
I'm new to the sight, but, have been enjoying reading it for while now. I have a bit of news. Back in early '01 my friend sold me his K&N panel from his Nissan Sentra, I think it was a '00. Guess what, he paid $30 for it and one for us is $50. I checked it out at PepBoys and yup, the Nissan is $20 less than the Subaru. I'll check to see if I still have the box for the p/n. I haven't checked recently. Go see for yourself, but, don't tell K&N our discovery!
If it isn't broke, fix it 'til it is!
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

is it the same filter?
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
elkaboom
First Gear

Post by elkaboom »

I've been using the K&N hi-flow drop in panel filter as well as the K&N PerformanceGold oil filters for awhile now. I have access to several very good, auto parts stores in my area.
I can confirm that the air filter part number is: #33-2031-2 and that's for the 2.2 liter n/a. However, I would guess that the turbo uses the same part.
The oil filter is part number: #HP-1004
For those of you who haven't tried using the K&N products: don't wait!
They really do make a signifigant difference. The air filter is guaranteed for the life of your vehicle and really does create a noticable increase in power and air flow.
I've been using the oil filters for the last two oil changes and, truthfully, I can't honestly say I've noticed any signifigant change in engin operation. I do feel better about how the engine manages oil filtration though. It's obvious that K&N manufactures their products to a very, very high standard of quality, and it's the little things like the fact that the filter is built to withstand 550psi of hydrostati burst strength or that they use metal end caps instead of paper ones (inside the filter, that is) to ensure
that no unfiltered oil can get back into the system.
I dunno, but for me, it's money well spent. Piece of mind and tangible results are worth a lot, and despite the fact that my car isn't a hotrod or anything verging on high-performance, it's nice to know that it'll be running (and running well) long after the ricers that burn by me everyday will be rusting out or in pieces somewhere.
Either way, I'm totally sold on K&N products.
Bob
90 Legacy LS AWD n/a -190,000 and going strong!

91 Legacy SS -currently stock and awaiting marginal upgrades (dead) RIP
Finn1
In Neutral

Post by Finn1 »

THAWA wrote:is it the same filter?
In regards to the fit of the Sentra application, the filter fits very nicely, it is not exactly the same size, maybe 2mm off on each end. I just finished a mod on my airbox and there is not any sign of dirt getting past the seal! The best $15 I ever spent, that is what my friend spent. It didn't fit his '01 SE R Spec V, so he offered it to me. :lol:
Finn1
In Neutral

Post by Finn1 »

I just checked an online store and both the Sentra and Subaru panel filters were the same price. So, my thought is out of date now. 3 years ago, there was a big difference. Oh well.
ej22t
Second Gear

Post by ej22t »

I use the 332031 since 3 years ago and that is the only number that shows for our car!
It fits no problem!

Ben
92 Legacy turbo with EJ20G engine swap \(^0^)/
minoru
First Gear

Post by minoru »

Canadian Tire and Wallmart gave me the same # that "ej22t" says:332031
And I specifically asked if there is another one...but there isn't.

EDIT: I just droped it in my car and YES that's the right part number for Legacy 93 EJ22T engine
93 Legacy EJ22T Station Wagon (4EAT-unfortunately)
God gave us cars so we can enjoy life faster!!!