Injen intake question

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

one2free
In Neutral

Injen intake question

Post by one2free »

http://www.performancecenter.com/brandu ... y&sf4=2.5L

Where's the filter for this intake??
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

in the fender looks like from the link you posted
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Thats a true cold air intake. The price isnt so bad either. Id still go for a snorkelectomy and K&N panel though.
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

Yep, in the fender, this one is for subarus w/ no MAF sensor. I have the one, only designed for cars w/ the maf sensor, as seen here: http://homepage.mac.com/michaelkuhn/.Pi ... inebay.jpg

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

any true cold air intake for the MAF cars will most likely be a custom job.

It can be done on the one you posted.....you just get a big enough pipe cutters, cut the pipe to fit the MAF & adapter in, and just put everything back together.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
czo79
Second Gear

Post by czo79 »

I have on on my GT (97) with a PRM inline filter....unfortunately, I didn't realize how tightly sealed you really need your fender to be when doing this, if you drive 80 in six inches of snow for hours on end....
My car started running poorly, pulled over to find the filter totally clogged with many inches of tightly packed snow.
cleaned it out, took off the attachment from filter to fender, stuff rag in fender hole, problem solved...
any suggestions on how to seal up the fender?
I would think you could just cut that intake up and make it work...its an NA car your putting this on? The filter for that intake is actually in the fender well. I don't really think this is ideal if you live in a wet or snowy area. I would rather have the inline filter. Although I would maybe like to rig up some kind of water drain or something in it before the filter...just to be safe.
Micum
Micum
91 Legacy Turbo Sport - 94 JDM EJ20G
97 Legacy 2.5 GT - mod'd
93 Impreza L AWD (sold)
97 Legacy 2.5 GT (deceased)
98 Legacy Outback (sold)
one2free
In Neutral

Post by one2free »

THanks for all the replies.

I'm just trying to get info so I'll know what to do when I, hopefully in the near future, get my legacy.
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

"what to do when I, hopefully in the near future, get my legacy."
Wrong thing to say. You shouldnt even be thinking about an intake. Are you a previous honda owner or something? You havent even driven the specific car yet so who knows what it will need. You should find which items will provide the most fun for the money, intakes are really one of the last mods done because they do so little.

When you get the legacy spend your money on getting it in top shape first. Fix the leaks. Replace all the fluids (including brake). Do a full tune up. Research the suspension options. Get some better wheels/tires. Think about better brakes. If you plan is to get an NA legacy I wouldn't expect to get much additional power out of it without lots of work. Its far easier/cheaper to make the car faster in other ways. If power is your goal a turbo or an Impreza RS may be the better choice.