Intake plenum question?

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

i effectivly increased my range from 6 driving days to 8 days and because i dont drive it on weekends that means a week and a half between tanks

oh and i did a fly by on my friends and they said i was pretty loud.
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Ahh, they said I was loud and nice sounding, but said there was no "woosh" coming from under the hood.

Time to the car back under the knife for some work.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

i ment loud bov err recirc
yeah
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
legazee
First Gear

dat blue subie mug deesigner

Post by legazee »

well by jeezum...stay away from the board for a while and the damm bursts. glad to see others have taken it upon themselves to build their on version of the intake! i have been very busy doing everything and doing nothing....frigggin vermont winter was not very kind to my hands or wrists or elbow etc....[furniture designer and builder but not so much in a bout a year,carpal tunnel arthritis and nerve damage] so my car sat the whole winta outside not being worked on except for a few things here nad there. mainly a modified wrx downpipe that will soon be shipped off to swaintech :twisted: battery relocation and rewiring, a cupla o' wrx ic's that are being frankenstiened, some new brackets to relocate the header tank and various alum parts to replace rusted metal parts.....and i waiting on my buddy to have time to fire up his alum welder to repalce some damaged front end parts all to be hiding behind a different facia :twisted: just got done with cutting up my old rotten90l wagon so i have a bunch of spare parts laying around some r good somercrap! the mug thing just became a pain cuz i could not find a supplier for bulk amounts and i learned if u gonna do it do it multiple times :lol: its a lot easier to be jigged up and have several to do than just doing one here and there. now if i could just get my garage built it would become legazees laboratory and start churning out stuff everyone on this board could use....and buy!
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

these spare parts, would any of them be a tranny? :D
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
minoru
First Gear

Post by minoru »

When I put the coffe mug into my car I droped the resonator by mistake so I can take some pics of the inside if you guys are interested. It slpited right in the midle so it's fixable.

The mileage didn;t improve...although...6-7000 rpm ...you can't tell any difference, right?

But the sound is awsome...I took the snorkel out as well and believe me...now it's LOUD. At 3000 rpm and deceleration...it sounds like a choper by my side. (take the exageration :oops: )

I wonder how much louder it's gonna be with the K&N filter that'll come this days...I let you know.
93 Legacy EJ22T Station Wagon (4EAT-unfortunately)
God gave us cars so we can enjoy life faster!!!
turbonator
Second Gear

Post by turbonator »

Does anyone have more pics??

Do you guys run this mug with stock filters or cones??

I would like to do this to my car.. :D
minoru
First Gear

Post by minoru »

I don't have pics from manufactureing process but I can take some pics with it on the car. So...I'll post some. (although mine is not that nice and neat as others are :evil: )

I had with stock air filter first but without the snorkus...it was loud. Not a real gain of power but u can hear the intake. Turbo and even the BOV.

I put the K&N panel after 1 month, a week ago...WOW...so much louder, the gain of power...I think the turbo spools faster, and it seems like u have more respons after 3500.
turbonator
Second Gear

Post by turbonator »

What is this snorkus stuff I have been reading about??

I apologize for my newbness :oops:
minoru
First Gear

Post by minoru »

One big box of plastic plus two pipes in the passanger fender. It keeps some "dust" out. One pipe takes air from inside the fender...to the plastic box, the ather pipe takes the air to the air filter box. If you take the air box out, you'll see the pipe going down. As i was discussed before in some other threads, there is not much the snorkus do, except the sound cutting.
In order to take it out you have to move the plastic underneath the fender. You'll see.
minoru
First Gear

Post by minoru »

Pics of the cofee mug and snorkus.