Volvo intake tube identified.

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

jefferson
Third Gear

Volvo intake tube identified.

Post by jefferson »

I went to the pick and pull today to get some of the 92 up rear lateral links so I could update my car. 2 different yards and I came out empty handed on those.

I did score one of the intake tubes that fits our airbox hole snuggly. I can't say 100% that this is it because I can't find my old airbox lid to try it on. Everything checks out as far as I can remember. It came out of a 91 Volvo 960 turbo. It is the tube between the maf and the airbox and the maf bolts to the airbox lid, so you have to unbolt the maf to get the tube out. Cut the straight section off and flair one end. I used a metal funnel and a heat gun to make the flair. Remove the rivets from the bracket holding the rubber seal and insert the tube. You may have to sand the edges of the hole in order to get the tube to go in and it will need to be inserted from the inner fender side. I then used some general purpose low density foam tape weatherstrip that was 1/2" thick and 3/4" wide to seal the hole in the metal behind the airbox so no engine compartment heat got to the intake . Ran a strip of it around the tube and inserted the tube until the foam sealed the hole. Aluminum taped everything up to hold things in place. Sorry there are no pictures. I hope my description helps with your understanding.

Also remember that the shorter the tube the more air it will flow.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Pics would help, but it sounds cool.
Any Legacy or Impreza lateral links will work up to at least '99.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

yes....need pictures :)
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

Bump for pictures!
SUBARUEHS Racing
253.Asmo
First Gear

Post by 253.Asmo »

this thread is worthless without pictures.
'94 White SS / 5MT - daily, absolute piece of a beater

'90 Red Sedan - EJ22T / 5mt Swap - drove it, SOLD it

'91 black SS / 5MT - (215/230k miles. eng/body)
[RIP - drove, hit, cracked a piston, swapped and stripped for swap again]
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

Pictures should be up sometime soon for all to see.
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

To see pictures and info please go to the new thread about Volvo intake pics for jefferson.