can someone identify this?

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

WagonMafia
First Gear

can someone identify this?

Post by WagonMafia »

broken part! ahhhh! what is it and where can i get one? Image

ScottyS
Second Gear

Post by ScottyS »

That looks like the "F" pipe that merges a couple of the intake return lines. Now is your chance to get rid of the plastic and use a metal T!

But, if you want to stay with the stock appearance, then it's likely that someone on here would have an extra.
1991 SS build thread: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=40430
WagonMafia
First Gear

Post by WagonMafia »

and what would the ID and OD be on that lines so i can get a metal t? what does the line do/go? when i picked the car up the line is now missing. also, would this cause the car not to start? im guessing not, probably bad gas, the car has been sitting from what i gather.
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

-The upper line on the tee goes to the turbo inlet boot, it's 1/2" diameter.
-The second line runs over to the PCV valve, 5/8".
-The bottom connects to the block's crank-case vent, 3/4".

Your broken "F" pipe shouldn't keep the car from starting at all. It might not run all that well though...
http://www.slodriveracing.com
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-'93 L Wagon - Pink Roll Cage - "Dirty Leg"
-And more!
WagonMafia
First Gear

Post by WagonMafia »

ok, excellent info, thatnx SLO. now, i want some feedback. ive got a 93 L wagon, 5mt and just bought the 92 ss 4EAT. I want the turbo motor, but also the 5mt. should i swap motors, or trannys? which is easier? ive done all my own work on all my subies (all 1G legacys, mix of sedans and wagons) and have done both a trans swap (dead 5mt to live 5mt) and also done n/a to n/a swaps. i work at a shop so ive got acces to the lifts and tools, but im torn between keeping the wagon which ive done alot of work to, or starting off with a stock ss and working it up for some fun. any advice? -Smiley
ScottyS
Second Gear

Post by ScottyS »

WagonMafia wrote:ok, excellent info, thatnx SLO. now, i want some feedback. ive got a 93 L wagon, 5mt and just bought the 92 ss 4EAT. I want the turbo motor, but also the 5mt. should i swap motors, or trannys? which is easier? ive done all my own work on all my subies (all 1G legacys, mix of sedans and wagons) and have done both a trans swap (dead 5mt to live 5mt) and also done n/a to n/a swaps. i work at a shop so ive got acces to the lifts and tools, but im torn between keeping the wagon which ive done alot of work to, or starting off with a stock ss and working it up for some fun. any advice? -Smiley
In light of your handle, and because I am a wagon fan as well, I say keep the wagon and swap in the turbo motor. I take it that you have got the exterior, interior, and suspension all where you want it in the wagon.

Are you trying to keep two running cars here? That would be a lot of extra work. The only easy way to keep two running cars would be to find another cheap 5MT tranny and put that in the SS. Otherwise it will be wiring harness madness!

You're going to have to pull the motor anyway and refresh as much wiring/hoses/etc as you can I bet, or even rebuild some of it if it has problems, correct?

The 92 SS would provide all the parts that you would need to swap into the wagon, I would think, unless there is some 5mt-specific turbo ECU issue. The crossmember is there, and the hood as well.
WagonMafia
First Gear

Post by WagonMafia »

ok... well what i was thinking is whatever car i keep, get the other back to stock with what i have, and sell it.
WagonMafia
First Gear

Post by WagonMafia »

so basically, if i swap motors and turbod the wagon, id be doing all the other ss goodies as well (front bumper, hood, doors/body colored handles, swaybars, brakes, wheels/tires, interior, everything) and drop the n/a motor (with 0ver 215k) into the former ss now boring 4EAT stock L sedan, and selling it for as much as i can get for it.
WagonMafia
-Pure White 93 L Wagon converted to Turbo Wagon (almost complete)
-Pure White 92 SS parts car (doner) donated to friend
-91 Mazda miata drifto DD
http://photobucket.com/wagonmafia
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

Sounds like a plan.

I'd suggest getting a slightly uprated clutch while you have it all apart, but that's just me.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Just a quick bonus of doing that: the insurance companies won't charge you as much because they'll think the wagon has a lower HP engine than it actually does :wink:
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

asc_up wrote:Just a quick bonus of doing that: the insurance companies won't charge you as much because they'll think the wagon has a lower HP engine than it actually does :wink:
mmmmay or may not be doing this right now....... :smt029
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
ScottyS
Second Gear

Post by ScottyS »

asc_up wrote:Just a quick bonus of doing that: the insurance companies won't charge you as much because they'll think the wagon has a lower HP engine than it actually does :wink:

Heheh, it helps to be old, married with kids, and have a few other cars!
Legacy Konig
First Gear

Post by Legacy Konig »

Keep both, then you'll have a parts car.

I kept my Subaru that I slammed into a phone pole at 45, mainly because it has an ej22 with 50,000 on it.

Maybe someday you'll need an axle shaft, or maybe a button? lol.
1994 Legacy L
1990 Legacy LS "decommissioned"