volvo intake pics for jefferson

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

subychris94
First Gear

volvo intake pics for jefferson

Post by subychris94 »

jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

Thanks to Subychris for the pictures.

A little info about the pictures. In the first one you have the piece that is cut out of the stock Volvo intake tube which is on the bottom of the picture. You can't really tell from the picture, but the other opening in the tube is oblong so cut it off at the 90 and just use the straight round part.

In the second picture you can see the piece installed. The stock captured nut that the snorkus bolted to will need to be removed. I then use aluminum tape to seal all the holes and also to hold the intake piece in place,You don't want any errant engine compartment heat finding it's way into your engine.

In the last picture you can see that the stock rubber seal will need to be removed and the new piece fits very tightly in the hole. I haven't measured the difference in size. but it is significant. Enjoy.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

Come on. My ego needs stroking. Somebody say something.
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
Dynamic Entry
Third Gear

Post by Dynamic Entry »

you should clean that filter housing
Andrew

16 Outback - wife's daily
95 Gravel Express - Sold
92 Green SVX - RIP
02 WRB WRX - Sold
93 White SS "Angel": 4EAT to 5MT 550 Robtune !SOLD!
̶9̶2̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶e̶s̶t̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶S̶S̶ ̶5̶M̶T̶ R.I.P.
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

ya definitely do that!! ^^
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
Lunatech
Second Gear

Post by Lunatech »

Cleanliness is next to godliness!

I feel so cheap. :roll:
Robert,

Rio Red 1990 L sedan 5MT at least 302000 mi. and Spruce Pearl 1996 Wagon 4EAT 245000 mi.

georryan wrote:
Don't knock him for thinking outside of the box. At least he has been creative.
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

It's a parts car we were tearing apart so thought it was a good time to get the photos. Gravel roads were a major part of this cars life.

Jeff
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

isnt that thing going to be ingesting a ton of crap coming off the tire? might want to put a screen or some kind of deflector on there.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

The car was a parts car with all the bodywork off of it. It made a good platform for taking the pictures. The inner fender would keep all the crud out of the intake.
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

I found the stock intake piece I cut out of the snorkus and it was a 2 1/4 inch in diameter. The Volvo piece is 2 3/4 in diameter so there is a huge difference. Quite worthwhile if you want to keep the stock airbox, but improve the flow into it. It's quite a bit louder too.

Jeff