will these parts interchange

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

tjaiz
In Neutral

will these parts interchange

Post by tjaiz »

I have a 1990 Legacy LS AWD Sedan w/ the 2.2 auto , Have codes 35 & 14 which are purge valve & # 1 injector,, only getting around 20 mpg... will an injector from a 1995 2.2 work ..& 1996 1.8 purge valve work
...its all i could come up with at the uwrenchit locally today..
also...which injector is the # 1,2,3,4..locations
Thanks..
Lunatech
Second Gear

Post by Lunatech »

Take your old purge valve with you to compare. I think it is interchangeable, but make sure the plug is the same. Basically anything with around 100 ohms of resistance will make the code go away, I've cut the plug off the bad one and wired it onto a part from a photocopier before the get rid of the CEL (check engine light) So if you have a meter check the one from the donor vehicle,before you buy it, or if your getting it from a wrecking yard have them check it .

Don't even worry about the injector unless the purge valve fixes the problem. If that becomes the case you will want of check all the connectors first.

That purge valve will most of the time cause erroneous codes that will not go away even if you go through the clearing processes. It can b found here http://www.surrealmirage.com/subaru/eng ... l#resetecu
Robert,

Rio Red 1990 L sedan 5MT at least 302000 mi. and Spruce Pearl 1996 Wagon 4EAT 245000 mi.

georryan wrote:
Don't knock him for thinking outside of the box. At least he has been creative.