problems with cold air

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

moryd
In Neutral

problems with cold air

Post by moryd »

im trying to put in a cold air system but im having a hard time finding one. i bought a cone and tryed to put it in today but i cant get it to fit

here some pics

and what is this part and do i need it

Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

the part at the bottom is the turbo "silencer" or resonator. Try searching "coffee cup mod" or "silencer delete" and read up on it, its a good mod. I wouldn't recommend putting your cone filter directly above your turbo like that...
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
moryd
In Neutral

Post by moryd »

thanks for the info. what can i do to get better air intake then. sorry im new to working with turbos
brweber352
First Gear

Post by brweber352 »

Here's a link with some pics of my setup, there is one of my engine bay. It may give you a better idea. I had to trim alot off the couplers and adapters to get it to fit and it is still rather tight.
http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=42875[url]
93'TLegWag171k StockBlock,TD05,HallmanMBC,530cc,Walbro255,shortram,LWpulley,DIS-2,MSDcoil,cxrFMIC,trans cooler/external filter,WRX wheels/brakes,CES w/Borla muffler,QTP elec cutout,REVchip2,KYB GR2,GroupN tops/all fr bushings,STImounts,GSD3 tires,LM-1,etc
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

well, you want to keep that 90 on there and have the filter as far from the turbo as reasonably possible. some people get rid of their abs pump and such, but Im not sure if you wanna go that route or not. Ive never had a CAI (cold air intake) on any of my cars but the radio flyer, and the the whole engine bay was stripped of "unnecessary" things. Look around at people's build threads and youll get a good idea of what route to take
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

O, and welcome to the BBS, be ready to learn.... ALOT :D
moryd
In Neutral

Post by moryd »

Again thanks. And i am learning alot. This is a great site to learn and share your passion with other subbie drives.