Reverse manifold...

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

scoobyleg1
In Neutral

Reverse manifold...

Post by scoobyleg1 »

Has anyone ever ran a reverse manifold on the ss? Im going to be running a reverse mani on my new build. any thoughts?
Ill be using a intake manifold from japan that bolts up to my ej20h twin turbo heads.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: Reverse manifold...

Post by kimokalihi »

Not sure if anyone has done it before but I asked a while back and was told the hood is way too low and you'd have to either modify the manifold/throttle body so it comes out straight instead of angled or get an aftermarket manifold. Or cut a hole in your hood.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
brweber352
First Gear

Post by brweber352 »

93'TLegWag171k StockBlock,TD05,HallmanMBC,530cc,Walbro255,shortram,LWpulley,DIS-2,MSDcoil,cxrFMIC,trans cooler/external filter,WRX wheels/brakes,CES w/Borla muffler,QTP elec cutout,REVchip2,KYB GR2,GroupN tops/all fr bushings,STImounts,GSD3 tires,LM-1,etc
subytech
Second Gear

Post by subytech »

Will deffinatly NOT work with that manifold/throttle body set up. My best friend just finished his 2.4l stroker/20g head/gt35 rotate mount build and we messed around with reversing the manifold, the top of the throttle body inlet just about touches the hood, no room to get a pipe on it.
92 Legacy Turbo, 5sp MT, Early Large CC 20G heads, Ported custom clocked td04, Cobb catted DP, Injen SS 3" exhaust, Turbosmart MBC @ 10psi, Apexi 20g intake, custom FMIC, Fidanza 11lb flywheel, stock 05 WRX clutch
beanis05
First Gear

Post by beanis05 »

Time to get the cut off wheel and welder out to fab something up !!!!
1990 Subaru Legacy L 89k auto to 5 speed winter daily driver
2004 Subaru WRX 80k
1988 Mazda Rx7 vert > Turbo 2 trans swap
1993 Honda Civic Vx Gutted
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

That's what I was thinking. How hard would it be to have somebody grind the manifold and weld the TB on straight instead of angled up? But then I was also thinking, I wonder if that would affect the flow of the manifold.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

what about adding 1/2" spacers between theengine & transmission crossmembers and the shell? maybe that'll be a solution to the hood clearance. and since it's only a half inch you wont have to worry about axles or control arms. there should be plenty of play.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT