vacuum hose woes

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

zagarus
First Gear

vacuum hose woes

Post by zagarus »

Let me start off with the diagram that is hosted on surrealmirage (thanks btw)

Now my question is this. If hose "J" were disconnected from the intake resonator, what effect would that have on the operation of the engine, or the corresponding parts. Would the boost control solenoid not work properly?

Reason I ask is because I removed the intake resonator earlier this evening because I want to see what I would need in order to delete it. Well when I went to put it back in I noticed the nipple for the boost solenoid was broken off. I'm not sure if it was me that broke it when I removed it (although I didn't know it wsa there so it could have been me) but I ended up getting a fix for it and it is hooked up and sealed properly.

Well I went to take the car for a spin and I noticed the BPV was even louder and seemed to be working better than before. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks for the help.
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Re: vacuum hose woes

Post by BSOD2600 »

The nipple on the intake resonator commonly breaks off. Look into the 'coffee can mod' to eliminate it entirely.

Anyways you should connect the J to the Q hose.

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: vacuum hose woes

Post by Legacy777 »

J is the vent for the wastegate solenoid, so yeah definitely hook it back up to the intake track some spot. As BSOD mentioned, hook it up to hose Q.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm