Boost gauge sensor location on manifold?

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

keelhaul
First Gear

Boost gauge sensor location on manifold?

Post by keelhaul »

hello, and happy new year everyone.

i have a big vacuum leak somewhere on my car, but i really want to know where the sensor going to my boost/vac gauge is located. ive searched a lot on the web but i havent managed to find anything.

the thing is, except from all other vac symptoms, my gauge gives up to 12 psi when i give much throttle.

i can feel when driving that the gasses are blown out somewhere, not reaching where they are supposed to go. feels like there is a leak and im 98% sure it is.

so it seems for me, that the leak is after the boost gauge sensor. i have a code for my IACV, which always come back after some miles, after clearing codes. can the IACV give bad vacuum and boost leaks?

here is a pic of my engine http://us1.webpublications.com.au/stati ... 8_03mg.jpg (not my pic tho)

i also have a MBC like this http://www.team-integra.net/forum/attac ... stgate.gif
1992 wagon ej20g
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Boost gauge sensor location on manifold?

Post by Legacy777 »

I'm assuming your boost/vac gauge is aftermarket? Do you know if it is a mechanical or electronic gauge? If it is mechanical, there will be a line coming out of the firewall and going somewhere to the intake manifold/intake piping. You're just going to have to look.

Regarding your boost leak, it's very possible the boost leak is before your boost gauge. The reason being is the turbo can supply more pressure than the engine can use, so even with a boost leak, the engine is still seeing the appropriate boost pressure.

For your MBC, that's not typically how I would set it up. Does your wastegate solenoid have two or only one boost reference ports?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
keelhaul
First Gear

Post by keelhaul »

hey
thanks for the reply
im not home for a while, so cant check today.

looks like i found a wrong picture. all i can tell you for now is that i use a http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin ... g_0978.jpg
1992 wagon ej20g
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Ok, then you probably have the MBC hooked up properly then. Typically you come off of the compressor boost reference go to the inlet of the MBC, then go from the outlet of the MBC to the wastegate solenoid actuator boost reference.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm