New way to snorkus delete and coffe cup mod.

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Thesubielover
Third Gear

New way to snorkus delete and coffe cup mod.

Post by Thesubielover »

So today I did the snorkus delete. I wanted to let everyone know that I dids it a way that I havent seen on here yet. When I get the white lower air box off and took out the double black air feed suction piece, I used a dremel or sawzall and chopped it in half and re inserted it into the fender wall. Esentially that piece has a perfect rubber seal that connects into the black air box, so there was no need to use any pvc pieces. I'll get pics up soon of the mod, I think everyone will like it and it is totally free! I'll be returning my home depot pvc fittings tomorrow. Also, I have an idea for the coffee cup mod which I am tackling this weekend, so I'll have photos up of that as well. Let me know if anyone has questions. I bought an intake drill and vaccume line connector set from autozone, a sillicone 2.5 to 3in piece and am going to be getting just a straight piece on 3in pvc from home depot to drill for the vaccume lines.
93ss 3inch tbe, Hallman mbc,06 wrx td04, tmic, bov, bugeye seatsStolen x2, sold
93ss Stroker,440cc inj, VF39, '06 TMIC, EJ20G heads & intake, EJ25 crank, 4.11Traded
93ss 4eat, coils, stanced, wraped, flat black, stock show car
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New way to snorkus delete and coffe cup mod.

Post by Legacy777 »

I ended up doing something similar to that but cut it off just after it came out into the fenderwell area. I had to change things a little bit when I went to the newer diagonal airbox because it has a larger opening.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Legacy777 wrote:I ended up doing something similar to that but cut it off just after it came out into the fenderwell area. I had to change things a little bit when I went to the newer diagonal airbox because it has a larger opening.
The top and bottom halves mate. You can run a later diagonal top with the stock bottom, if need be.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

beatersubi wrote:The top and bottom halves mate. You can run a later diagonal top with the stock bottom, if need be.
Doesn't the stock bottom piece use screws to attach it to the top piece, while the diagonal air box uses clips? I tried to retain the stock bottom piece when I did mine, but it didn't really look like it was going to work.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

No, you're correct. I did use the bottom half, now that I think about it. Dimensionally, they're the same though.
Last edited by beatersubi on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I did the same thing, but with then running a hose with the same diameter from the stock pipe to a NACA duct, also with the same inlet diameter.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Thesubielover
Third Gear

Post by Thesubielover »

where did you run the duct?
93ss 3inch tbe, Hallman mbc,06 wrx td04, tmic, bov, bugeye seatsStolen x2, sold
93ss Stroker,440cc inj, VF39, '06 TMIC, EJ20G heads & intake, EJ25 crank, 4.11Traded
93ss 4eat, coils, stanced, wraped, flat black, stock show car
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

evolutionmovement wrote:I did the same thing, but with then running a hose with the same diameter from the stock pipe to a NACA duct, also with the same inlet diameter.
Also interested in seeing this. Do you have any pics or diagrams? I'm a fan of NACA ducts for they're functionality.
The duct into the stock 'water catch' in the fender might work as a sort of 'ram air' effect while keeping water out of the MAF.