Jecs MAF.. Diamond coil pack.

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

dillonr92
First Gear

Jecs MAF.. Diamond coil pack.

Post by dillonr92 »

Will the black plastic jecs maf. That comes one the manual '90 L's work on the ej22t with out the rob tune and will it make my car perform better.. And will the diamond coil pack (also from the '90 L's ) work on the ej22t with out rob tune . And will it help performace?
92 SS winestone red. td04 - FMIC. RWD 5 spd swap/LSD.dead...
94 LEGACY GT RAISED ROOF WAGON, fozzy lift hydro clutch/91SS 5speed/VLSD..#5.NEW FuLL DRiFT SLuT 93SS winestone,RS 5speed RWD. Welded rear, td04, fmic, 17x9 +20
James614
Fourth Gear

Re: Jecs MAF.. Diamond coil pack.

Post by James614 »

The JEC's MAF has different voltage scaling for the airflow and so will perform worse on the stock ECU. It also is not a performance upgrade, unless you are pushing more airflow than the stock MAF can handle, which you won't be doing on stock injectors.

As for the Diamond coil pack, it works fine and puts out higher voltage. I personally noticed no difference when I put it on, but they're dirt cheap and plug-n-play so there's no reason not to.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
dillonr92
First Gear

Re: Jecs MAF.. Diamond coil pack.

Post by dillonr92 »

Thanks.. im just tryin to get the engine to idle and accelerate smoothly. Im gonna just use some maf cleaner tomorrow and see how that works. Amd then do the coil pack after i see how that works.
92 SS winestone red. td04 - FMIC. RWD 5 spd swap/LSD.dead...
94 LEGACY GT RAISED ROOF WAGON, fozzy lift hydro clutch/91SS 5speed/VLSD..#5.NEW FuLL DRiFT SLuT 93SS winestone,RS 5speed RWD. Welded rear, td04, fmic, 17x9 +20