Help with Catch Can

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

robertpaige
Fourth Gear

Help with Catch Can

Post by robertpaige »

Okay so I have looked and read but I cannot find a specific guide to this install. I am a little confused on how it's supposed to be setup.

I have a 2 nipple catch can, can somebody just tell me real quick what lines need to be tee'd and go into the can?
the guy who had the really low winestone SS on the corvette wheels
mike-tracy

Re: Help with Catch Can

Post by mike-tracy »

Here's some info. http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=45711 I'm sure you've seen it, but Josh has commented on several PCV/Catch Can setups how the "proper way" for a turbo goes.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
robertpaige
Fourth Gear

Post by robertpaige »

I just have a 2 port can. I take the breathers on each side of the head, T them and put them in one inlet, and then take the intake elbow and rear vent and put them into the other side? Idk why this is so confusing to me, but it is. Lol
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Robert,

Did you read through the thread Mike posted?

You really don't need to do anything to the breathers on the valve covers. Under most circumstances they bring fresh air into the crankcase. So there's really ne reason to run those lines through the catch can. If you're worried about the small amount of oil vapor that may come out of those breather lines, put a simple foam type filter in there to condense the oil vapor back into oil droplets that fall back into the heads. I've got links to what I did in that thread above.

As for the rear vent on the crankcase, the picture in this drawing is what you need to do.

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic. ... 85#p371785
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
robertpaige
Fourth Gear

Post by robertpaige »

Thanks Josh, just what I was looking for. Just to make sure I got it right, I tee the line on intake elbow going to the PCV valve, and then I run a hose from the PCV vent on the back of the block to the right of the turbo into the can, then I just tee the breathers from the heads into the intake elbow.