Gen 2 Intake

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

imtb
First Gear

Gen 2 Intake

Post by imtb »

Hello, I am new to the forum, but have taken a real interest in the gen 1 subaru 2.2. I installed the 92 2.2 in my VW van and really like how it runs. I changed out the intake to a gen. 2 97. The 97 gave me a little more mid range pickup. It starts pulling a ealry around 2000rpms. The gen one intake would start 3000, and mid throttle pickup in better. All in all I think it was worth it on this heavy van. This engine just sings and keep pulling, I still havent hit the rev limiter
Here are a couple of pics. I removed the egr valve and used the injectors and fuel rail from a 97. I also used in throttle body from 92, 97 differnt connector. I also installed the Grimm speed 8mm spacers on the intake, not sure if any performance improvemnt but you can put your hand on intake and not even hot, block is very hot.

mike-tracy

Re: Gen 2 Intake

Post by mike-tracy »

Very cool, I'd swap in an EJ as well if I ever find a Westy I can afford lol. Interesting feedback on the different manifolds. My 95 legacy has both the newer style manifold and dual port heads. The car pulls really nice for an automatic 2.2L no Turbo lol, better than my 96 with single port heads.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
Jakishioji
In Neutral

Re: Gen 2 Intake

Post by Jakishioji »

All the knowledge I gained in this website is new knowledge that I have gained.