Intake on a 91 non turbo

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

CypherMax
In Neutral

Intake on a 91 non turbo

Post by CypherMax »

how would i go about getting a fitting to fit a cone filter onto the mass air flow?

Tom
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I have the whole kit for sale: ractive filter (clean only 4K miles), adaptor, bracket, heat shield, extra 5spd MAF, $30 for filter kit or $60 kit plus MAF, both +shipping...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
CypherMax
In Neutral

sweet

Post by CypherMax »

that sounds great man.

im looking for everything but the filter cuz i wanna use a k&n filter. do you think it will fit the adapter? if so give me the info and you got a deal.

thanx
Tom
91White-T
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 91White-T »

What I did was buy a cheap apc cone filter from pep boys, then drill 4 holes in the metal part on back, and bolt on the sensor to the back of the cone and seal it with duct tape, doesn;t look great but its real cheap and works fine :)
98 Ford Contour V6 24V 5MT
98 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS1 6MT
91 Rio Red SS 5MT Sold
91 Flat Black Wagon L+ 4EAT RIP
91 Pearl White SS 4EAT RIP
Mr.Pessimist
First Gear

Post by Mr.Pessimist »

I built an adapter out of ABS plastic. You can just take a little chunk of ABS, bout a quater inch thick and have a hole cut into it, then butt in a piece of piping and glue it together with ABS cement. Hold the flat part upto the car's intake piping(just before the MAF, it has that little screen inside) and use a marker to mark the bolt holes on the ABS. Drill away and make the four holes for the bolts. Bolt it on the flat ABS side. Then use the ring clamp that came with the K&N and tighten the filter onto the piping. This essentially makes a flange that looks like a top hat. it cost me 'bout $5 for the materials, and if your mechanically inclined it takes about an hour to put together and a day for the cement to fully cure. 8)
~Ross
1993 FWD 5MT Green NA Legacy
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

i made a custom adapter out of particle board :roll: its really attractive too! honest!

it was a lot easier to build a box off of though, thats why i did it that way.
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]