Rallitek 91-94 legacy turbo intake........

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Aaron's ej22t
Second Gear

Rallitek 91-94 legacy turbo intake........

Post by Aaron's ej22t »

Anyone have this?
I emailed sean @ rallitek and he said he could make me one for $100. it is a 3inch pipe with fittings and this cone filter.
do you think it is worth it?
here is a crappy pic from the site:
:P
92 Legacy Turbo \ 5MT \ Silver
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Taking into account that is not the EJ22T pictured, there is no MAF on that intake, or does Sean know that?
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Aaron's ej22t
Second Gear

Post by Aaron's ej22t »

I am sorry, but you are wrong. like i said, the picture sucks, but right after the cone filter is a MAF sensor. it is hard to see, it needs to be blown up, but then the resolution would probably make it worse.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Okay, yes it is a very bad pic :lol: , but I'll take your word for it.

I have come to a conclusion about intakes. If they suck hot air from the engine bay, they are useless for any power gains, unless you go crazy with heat shielding. I think Josh's hypothetical setup would be ideal in his intake theory/design post in this forum. It retains all the smart engineering from the factory (velocity stack, etc.) while giving more top end and sound.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

It is an EJ22T

It does have a MAF on it, it's the silver ones that are on the MT vehicles.

They have done quite a bit of modifying......no A/C compressor......and moved the coolant tank filler
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

Can anyone tell where they moved the coolant tank to? I've been trying to figure out where to remount my coolant tank since I have the same issues with my topmount.
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

They moved it to where the a/c compressor was. So unless you want to rip out your A/C stuff.....you'll have to keep looking.

Maybe fabricate a bracket that comes up around where the windshield washer tank is.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
subyfanatic
In Neutral

Post by subyfanatic »

Wouldn't the MRT Group A Ver. 1, 2, 3 Rampod kit work on our cars? It's description from the MRT site goes as follows:

Suits Impreza - MY94-96. Comes with foam element, support cage, alloy trumpet, steel plennum adaptor pipe, bolt in bracket and complete fitting kit. Absolutely no modifications or drilling. Suits 80mm Dia AFM Produces deep throttle induction noise, greater throttle response and power. Street or race use.

Code: musse041
Price: $363.96 (Australian Dollars) approx. $225 US

I think this would be a worthy investment rather than having one fabricated. If it does work I may just order this one myself.
-K-
Third Gear

Post by -K- »

Send them an email about it. As far as I can tell the Liberty intake is the same as ours so you could ask about fit for that. We did find that the second silencer box is the same, Legacy, Liberty, early WRX.
02 WRX Sedan, 5mt
93 Sport Sedan, 5mt
subiekid
First Gear

Post by subiekid »

Legacy777 wrote:It is an EJ22T

it's the silver ones that are on the MT vehicles.
to correct you, the automatics have an aluminum maf also. i as always told that the turbo auto had a plastic one but they dont.
1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Ruby Mica - Turbo - EJ22T transplant
subiekid
First Gear

Post by subiekid »

also, can you tell me how to get ahold of the guy that said he will make one for 100 bucks? i need something a bit different then all you guys need. i need a really short intake, or some way to get my air filter out of the motor bay.

this is a pic of my set up. its a bit different since its a 95.

as you can see my brake lines had to be tweeked to fit in any thing.[/list]
1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Ruby Mica - Turbo - EJ22T transplant
Aaron's ej22t
Second Gear

Post by Aaron's ej22t »

He just finished making mine, i will have it in about a week and then i will give a review. it takes him about a week to make it.
www.rallitek.com
his name is sean. 8)
czo79
Second Gear

Post by czo79 »

I've though about trying to rig up something like you have on your 95, but only when I get the new hood and rig up a little scoop for it or at least the vent. Until then or even after, I'd really like to rig up something that goes to the fender. That little picture almost looked like it might of..it was hard to tell. maybe it could be modified. I have a friend who welds, I've though about seeing if he could help me rig up something with tubes and silicon connects going into the fender, with a cone in there with a water sheild on the bottom...or maybe a prm inline filter somewhere instead...
I really want a legacy turbo intake solution!!!. Oh yeah...coolant resovoirs...I don't know if it would fit on your guys cars, but I have mine attached to the intake manifold, I think its the #1 runner...pass front up by the intake box and abs...
Micum
Micum
91 Legacy Turbo Sport - 94 JDM EJ20G
97 Legacy 2.5 GT - mod'd
93 Impreza L AWD (sold)
97 Legacy 2.5 GT (deceased)
98 Legacy Outback (sold)
Vostok 7
In Neutral

Post by Vostok 7 »

So thats where my $100 went!

:D

I'll have to keep that in mind for if/when I get my Legacy Turbo. I know one of the guys over at Rallitek (Eric, he owns a white new age 2.5RS. AKA QAboy on NASIOC).

Patrick
1991 Subaru Legacy Sport Sedan Burgandy 4EAT (74k original miles!!) [i]INTERCOOLED![/i]
1991 Subaru Legacy Sport Sedan White 4EAT [i]INTERCOOLED & TD03'D[/i] [b]FOR SALE[/b]
Redline Dreamz
In Neutral

Post by Redline Dreamz »

making a true cold air intake needs a little more creativity and skill than slapping on a cone filter. To the common catalog shopper a CAI is a popular mod to have on a car. Only one problem... it is nearly ineffective on a forced induction vehical. Your turbo has a certian compressor ration that relates to the Inert Gas Law and after pages and pages and hours and hours of caculations turns out that -10 degrees at the filter is only good for about -1.8 degrees at the manifold which is usually disipated to nothing do to ambient air temperature heat transfers. Your best bet is to loose the MAF all together and do 1 of 2 things. 1, leave the compressor inlet open, or 2, put a 3in base confilter on the compressor inlet. This keeps your inlet resistance to a minumum and helps to releave vacuum stored in the engine bay similar to a cowl induction hood but not near as effective. Also, if one proceeds with a CAI, they should be sure to use steel (not aluminium) and ceramic coat the outside AND THE INSIDE of the pipe before painting and installing.
All kinds of cars but none of them run.
czo79
Second Gear

Post by czo79 »

Of course one would probably be talking about much more than a ten degree difference in temps between a open pod under the hood and a properly designed CAI getting cool air from the fender or somewhere...I would bet that very often the difference would be several times that.
Micum
Micum
91 Legacy Turbo Sport - 94 JDM EJ20G
97 Legacy 2.5 GT - mod'd
93 Impreza L AWD (sold)
97 Legacy 2.5 GT (deceased)
98 Legacy Outback (sold)
Redline Dreamz
In Neutral

Post by Redline Dreamz »

even with a 100 degree difference at the filter, which is so improbable i shouldnt even use it as an example, its still only an 18 degree difference at the throttle body. 18 degree is an improvement.... but 7 degrees is only good for about 2bhp so your looking at maybe 5bhp change which is MAYBE 2 horsepower to the wheels with an all wheel drive tranny. The point is, it looks pretty and is great for shows, but it has very little effect for performance gains. If you ever notice all the very high horspower turbo engines i.e. Saad Saad's 1000whp 2JZ-GTTE supra...... open compressor inlets. I dont think that a tuner like himself would neglect a simple mod like a CAI unless it didnt produce enough power to overcome its extra weight.
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

So your saying throw out the whole intake, and just throw a filter onto the turbo intake, if it were possable?

-Ryan
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
Redline Dreamz
In Neutral

Post by Redline Dreamz »

well to be short about it..... absolutly. However you have to do everything else that goes with it i.e. Installing a complete engine management unit that DOES NOT need the MAF/MAP to work properly... this would also include a DEI ignition system, totaly adjustable FMU, basically everything youd need to make a full blown race car. Lets go over all the obstruction in airflow.... tell me if im missing something, im going from memory of disassymble/reassymble of my buddys car when i did his turbo swap.
First you have a 90 degree elbow right off the compressor housing. Then another 90, a "baffle" that has i think 3 hoses conected, one of which comes from the BPV, another 90, the MAF/MAP, the airbox/filter, and the bong that goes into another baffle. Are you seeing why you might wanna remove as much of this as possible??? The air first enters a shitty lil box, atm pressure pushes it thru the bong, into the airbox, thru the filter, out of the box and into the MAF/MAP, takes a hard right, thru a weird shaped housing, another hard 90 downward and another hard 90 backward just to get the compressor wheel. Now how much faster do you think you turbo would spool and how much less crap does the air have to touch and risk nasty heat transfer and how much weight is lost? Answers.... a little bit, A LOT, and a good 10 pounds. If i had my way id have a Hydracharger on that puppy sitting right behind the front bumper next to the front mount :wink: