Safari Legacy Build...

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

Re: Safari Legacy Build...

Post by Legacy Rally Guy »

Danny-G wrote:Fyi, an O.E.M GL wagon roof rack will fit the sedan roof. I've done the measurments and its a tight fit but it will fit. Like a '89 or so wagon, I plan on adding one to my car and adding lights to one of the cross bars too. :) And I switched the fans to test them and its not the fan, its something in the wiring. I did go in the mud pit last year at WCSS and that packed the fans with mud but I cleaned all the mud off the next day. It could be the thermostat like you had so I'll have to look into that and if that doesn't fix it then I guess its wiring to figure out. Oh joy, wiring the one thing I don't like to do unless totally required. lol

Hmm, might wanna check rating on the fans, if they're a higher amperage than your stock ones, this could be what is popping your fuses... Our fans are only 20A circuits, so they're pulling very little juice, but the older ones might really pull more and thus bye-bye-fuse time...
1991 Legacy N/A- Being built to withstand zombie apocalypse!
2004 WRX STi- (GT3076r, 850cc Deatchwerks, Unequal Length Headers, FMIC, Alum Driveshaft, Camber Kit, Daily Driver)
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

beatersubi wrote:What about something like the earthroamer?
(pic is link)

That would be perfect on every avenue, minus the $1200 price :P
2004 WRX STi- (GT3076r, 850cc Deatchwerks, Unequal Length Headers, FMIC, Alum Driveshaft, Camber Kit, Daily Driver)
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Legacy Rally Guy wrote:
beatersubi wrote: That would be perfect on every avenue, minus the $1200 price :P
Well maybe not that exactly, but something similar?
Would it be very hard to make a rigid bottom out of, say, plywood that hinges at the back of the roof and supports on the trunk with a pop-up tent on top and possibly a sliding panel on the roof to allow access from inside the car?
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

If you used marine-grade plywood, it'd work very well, but if you know fiberglass working, you could easily save weight and support something of any size by modifying a tonneau cover. The pass-through would take some time, but very doable.
SWRT
Third Gear

Post by SWRT »

Yeah, you'd have to brace the roof and stuff for it, but man it'd be cool. Maybe hard to get into though considering the vehicle isnt super tall.
SWRT
Third Gear

Post by SWRT »

How's this thing coming along?
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

^ +1 Conspiring minds want to know.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
northcoast
First Gear

Post by northcoast »

Me too. I'm waiting on the snorkel details.
Lifted 91 LS Wagon : SOLD
87 GL-10 Turbo : SOLD
Lifted 97 Impreza OBS
98 Impreza OBS RallyX / DD