2.5 RS Seats

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

originalcyn
Fourth Gear

2.5 RS Seats

Post by originalcyn »

I've been tossing around the idea of doing 2.5rs seats. I like them better than the wrx seats that i've see because they're slightly more subtle. I know lots of people have done the front seats, but i was wondering if any one has done the backs.

I saw these ones on craigslist: http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/pts/2541698803.html

I thought it might be nice to do. But, if the fronts sit high like the wrx seats, then I probably won't do it, since I feel like I'd hit the ceiling if the seats were any higher.
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
2004 Forester 2.5XT Premium | JBP 18L
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Re: 2.5 RS Seats

Post by Apex3 »

Backs fit better than the fronts. If I remember right they sit at about the same height as the stock Legacy seat at it's lowest setting, it's not more than a tiny bit higher if anything because if it was I would have never given them a chance.

I don't like them though personally, they give no more support than the SS seat and are harder. I had them for a month or two then sold them.
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Post by originalcyn »

Awesome, thanks for the input. Was it difficult to swap in the fronts? I have an ls, so i'm not really sure how my seats are different than the ss seats.
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

I have a set in my family wagon. They bolt right in. Only necessary change is the female end of the seatbelt.
They don't have a whole lot of lateral support, though. Enough less than I was expecting to be a bit disappointed.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Post by originalcyn »

Ok, thanks! Yeah, I wouldn't mind a set, the look much nicer than the stock LS seats, but that being said i guess, black leather seats and a blue interior might look funny.
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
legacylok
First Gear

Post by legacylok »

I had 2.5rs seats in the front and they make me hit my head on the roof, I am on the taller side though (6'2").

That being said you can have my grey cloth fronts for 60 bucks.
Kris

92 SS, ej20g, camo wrap, 16g, 06 intercooler,
Robtune, 550s
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Post by originalcyn »

legacylok, thanks for the offer, but i'll probably just end up with sticking with what i have interior wise.
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227