passenger door weather strip

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

lucas
Third Gear

passenger door weather strip

Post by lucas »

The weather stripping on my passenger door has started to leak right onto the seat and needless to say that suck. Anyway, anyone ever replace that seal? Know where i can get a cheap one?
1993 legacy ss "Shela"
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: passenger door weather strip

Post by Legacy777 »

I haven't replaced it, but they're not hard to replace. The upper weather stripping is all one piece on each side. Maybe someone that has replaced it can chime in.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
IronMonkeyL255
Fourth Gear

Post by IronMonkeyL255 »

Cheap one, probably not gonna happen unless you find a decent condition one from a yard or the like. I ordered a set from the stealership, and they are getting to very low stock (I think 1 passenger side left in-country and they are contacting Japan to try to get the driver side for me). IIRC, they are just shy of $100 per side (better than the $140ish dollar trim around the rear quarter windows).

They are pretty easy to change out. It's been a minute, but there were just a few trim pieces that needed to come off. I remember almost completely removing mine when I took off the black trim above the windows one time, so the seals had to come off before the trim.
Disclaimer: If anything I post is inaccurate, please correct me. I do not wish to add to the misinformation floating around on the internet.

That being said, everything I post is accurate to the best of my knowledge.

Rio Red '91 Legacy SS
lucas
Third Gear

Post by lucas »

balls no not being able to get a new one...I should be able to repair the old one similar to how you repair a tent ill just use different materials and some kind of glue made with bits of jesus. Ironmonkey when you say trim pieces do you me inside or the outside? Im assuming inside but something tells me i should suspect that the outside trim has caused a problem.
1993 legacy ss "Shela"
IronMonkeyL255
Fourth Gear

Post by IronMonkeyL255 »

I honestly don't remember the process entirety. Last time I had it all off I had a stripped interior. I can take a look after work to get a rough idea.

Sent from my mind using telepathy
Disclaimer: If anything I post is inaccurate, please correct me. I do not wish to add to the misinformation floating around on the internet.

Rio Red '91 Legacy SS
lucas
Third Gear

Post by lucas »

telepathy.. your the man
1993 legacy ss "Shela"
IronMonkeyL255
Fourth Gear

Post by IronMonkeyL255 »

LOL, thanks. It's only because the forums are run off the most advanced server brain available that I can do it, though (I picture it like the matrix energy farm, except instead of energy they are harnessing the processing power of the brain).

For the record, I got it backwards. There should be one driver's side left in country, and the passenger side is still available from Japan. They put mine on a rowboat that should be here sometime in january....

Rio Red '91 Legacy SS