Sti seats

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Nibbib
First Gear

Sti seats

Post by Nibbib »

So I might pick up some sti seats just wondering if anyone on here has them and how do you like them I'm 6'3 and I've had the 02-03 wrx seats and loved those I know the bolster won't be the same
mike-tracy

Re: Sti seats

Post by mike-tracy »

These are pretty much the same bolstering and fitment as 02-03 wrx seats. I haven't owned a set of the sti's but I am working on a car with them right now.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
Nibbib
First Gear

Post by Nibbib »

Hmm the only thing is I would be able too use the fronts... Lol
BiNiaRiS
First Gear

Post by BiNiaRiS »

Cough up the cash for some jdm first gen impreza seats...you will wonder how you ever sat in anything else.
devilzdriver
First Gear

Post by devilzdriver »

I put in 05 WRX seats, they are honestly quite amazing. Holds me in nice and snug.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

02-03 USDM WRX seats FTW :)

I've got them in both my Legacy & Impreza.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Nibbib
First Gear

Post by Nibbib »

I love those seats but I'm also wanting to run a harness bar in my car and maybe if someone has one in there's of something could show me a picture of where they mounted it cause the only spot I see with a bolt close to the plastic trim is the locked position on the seat belt track
devilzdriver
First Gear

Post by devilzdriver »

Nibbib wrote:I love those seats but I'm also wanting to run a harness bar in my car and maybe if someone has one in there's of something could show me a picture of where they mounted it cause the only spot I see with a bolt close to the plastic trim is the locked position on the seat belt track
If you are getting a harness bar scrap seats, and get a bucket seat. If your going to do it, do it right. just my 2 cents.
Nibbib
First Gear

Post by Nibbib »

Yeah I've seen sets on eBay but looking at how far my seat is set back idk if it will work with out a lot of mod
devilzdriver
First Gear

Post by devilzdriver »

Nibbib wrote:Yeah I've seen sets on eBay but looking at how far my seat is set back idk if it will work with out a lot of mod
Don't get ebay seats, seriously man. You cannot put a price on your life, well actually you can lol, but if its not FIA approved same with harnesses i would never buy it.
Nibbib
First Gear

Post by Nibbib »

Do you know of any brands that sell harness bars that will fit are cars lol for tall people or I might just cage my wagon hahaha
devilzdriver
First Gear

Post by devilzdriver »

Nibbib wrote:Do you know of any brands that sell harness bars that will fit are cars lol for tall people or I might just cage my wagon hahaha
For how much harness bars go for, you can get a simple half cage for a little more... so hoop, and a harness bar and two braces. I mean even in Hawaii it can be had for about 750$ and thats hawaii back in Vegas it could be had WAY cheaper.
Nibbib
First Gear

Post by Nibbib »

Yea i may just learn how to weld and built a cage haha
Grayguy
Second Gear

Post by Grayguy »

There is a lot of cost in building a cage yourself, I have about $1200 into my Miller welder and $800 into my Tube bender. I'm not saying don't do it, I'm saying if you want to get into it, then go for it, but if you do it it's going to be pricey, and a cage is by no means the project to learn how to fabricate on. So, if you do take this route, expect to have the process take quite some time.
92' SS: SOLD
98' 2.5GT SOLD, bought back, new stupid build in the works.
98' 2.5 GT-rx :bought not built