front seats

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

pooh
In Neutral

front seats

Post by pooh »

Another ? from the newbie. Is it possible to get just the seat bottoms for the front and not the whole seat? Thanks again...I am just learning and you are all a great help
Dominator
First Gear

Re: front seats

Post by Dominator »

I can't speak for everyone, but I would look for something newer and better feeling. I updated / upgraded mine to some heated leather seats out of a 99 Legacy Limited. In the past I've had 02 WRX seats, and they are much sportier and more bolstered than the stockers. Best of all, these cars are like LEGOs, they bolt right in. For reference, you can bolt in any seats (front & rear) out of a 1993-2007 Impreza (including L, RS, WRX, STi), and any 1989-2000 Legacy. Maybe more, but those I know with first hand knowledge. Fronts are all the same, and obviously, sedan rears fit sedans and impreza 2doors, and I've heard the wagons rear seats fit other wagons. You will have to swap over the seatbelt buckles, but that's fairly easy.

Here's mine.
pooh
In Neutral

Post by pooh »

Greet idea! Thanks
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

The newer seats do work, but since the seat belt bracket is different, you will need to switch your old seat belt bracket over to the new seat. It will sit higher than normal, but most people live with it.

Additionally, some folks say the newer seats sit higher than the Legacy seats.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
allnines'
Second Gear

Post by allnines' »

I have a set of seats from my parts '91 wagon that I would love to install in my '99-read this post and all I have to swap is the seat belts? Is the connector for the seat belt light the same?
Legacys are like potato chips-you can't stop at one!
Dominator
First Gear

Post by Dominator »

I believe the seat belt light connector is the same. You will have to change the female end of the seat belt with the one that matched the male end. I know I had to drill out a large rivet and enlarge a hole to make it bolt on, but it's not too hard with some simple tools. Once you look at the two side by side, you'll see what needs to be done.