How to remove body side moldings?

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Nohbdy
First Gear

How to remove body side moldings?

Post by Nohbdy »

Hey guys I'm sure there's a write up on this somewhere on here that I can't find. I would really appreciate it if someone could attach a link to the topic thread on how to remove the side molding on these cars, I know I could do it I just need to see pictures of how to do it so then I can understand what to look for and some do's and don'ts.
91 Legacy L (AT, FWD)-crashed 2/3/14
95 Legacy L (AT)
05 Outback XT (AT)
92 Legacy L (MT,AWD)
rallyak
Third Gear

Re: How to remove body side moldings?

Post by rallyak »

Door moldings? There are two nuts on each side that needs to be removed and you need to pull the door panel off and reach in side with a pair of needle nose pliers and squeeze the clip to pop the clip free from the door. Start on one side and lightly pull the molding away from the door and work from one side to the other.

Fender molding, is accessed by removing the inner splash and with needle nose pliers squeeze clips and pull on molding to loosen.
Charles

90' White/Gray Outback DD workhorse (670,xxx) miles
92' Onyx Metallic (430,xxx) Wife's DD
68' Barracuda formula S 340 4spd coupe (ongoing project)
66' Mustang 2+2 4spd wife's (ongoing project)
Nohbdy
First Gear

Re: How to remove body side moldings?

Post by Nohbdy »

Yes door moldings everywhere it's call something different I swear but thanks Charles I'll check that out thanks!
91 Legacy L (AT, FWD)-crashed 2/3/14
95 Legacy L (AT)
05 Outback XT (AT)
92 Legacy L (MT,AWD)