Seatbelts - Is anyone using these?

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

burnt_toast
First Gear

Re: Seatbelts - Is anyone using these?

Post by burnt_toast »

originalcyn wrote:Eh, they're probably fine, but i did kinda play around with mine today. Brake didn't seem to matter. But i was under the impression that it took more than just yanking on the belt to get it to lock up.

In retrospect, the brake shouldn't matter. If it did, and you got hit without warning or ever pressing on the brake, it wouldn't be so great...
ya, hopefully we could get some more input on this. in comparison a quick yank on my Corolla's belt get's it to lock up almost instantly.

p.s. to OP, that Schroth harness looks badass!! How hard was it to install? I like the idea it can be put on over the stock belts
'94 Legacy Turbo Touring Wagon; kyb gr2's/mostly stock
'05 Toyota Corolla XRS - 1.8L 2zz-ge, 6speeds of revtastic fury
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

burnt_toast wrote:So did some searching on this, and I am in the same boat as OP, so instead of making new post figure I'd bump this up.

Neither of my front "auto" belts seem to securely fasten. As in if you try to yank one real quick, shoulder or lap belt, it doesn't lock just stays loose the whole time. Is this really normal or are they broken?? Kind of concerned since it doesn't feel very safe driving around with non-functioning seat belts..

Trying to figure out best option to remedy

Try driving about 20-40 mph on a straight road that doesn't have any traffic and slam on the brakes. The seat belts should lock. They don't seem to lock as easily as other belts, but are probably fine.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
burnt_toast
First Gear

Post by burnt_toast »

Legacy777 wrote:
Try driving about 20-40 mph on a straight road that doesn't have any traffic and slam on the brakes. The seat belts should lock. They don't seem to lock as easily as other belts, but are probably fine.
will give this a shot, thanks for the tip!
'94 Legacy Turbo Touring Wagon; kyb gr2's/mostly stock
'05 Toyota Corolla XRS - 1.8L 2zz-ge, 6speeds of revtastic fury
canadianbc5ra
In Neutral

Post by canadianbc5ra »

I have a completed set of belts. Both fronts and all three rears in blue with all the interior trims and all bolts and clips. If anyone is interested. I'm in Toronto, Ontario in Canada. Willing to ship at buyers expense or pickup. whatever works.