my 93 legacy needs a gas tank

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

mrvtec22
In Neutral

my 93 legacy needs a gas tank

Post by mrvtec22 »

so my 93 legacy needs a gas tank was wondering whats compatible with it.
someone is selling one for a 2005 impreza would that work? i highly doubt it would but just thought id ask?
mike-tracy

Re: my 93 legacy needs a gas tank

Post by mike-tracy »

Yeah, do a search in the Google search box for Sti or WRX tank to see what others had to do. Its not a 1:1 swap, but its not impossible from what I read.

Easiest way of course would be from a 1st gen legacy sedan or wagon with AWD or FWD depending on what you have.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
speezly
Second Gear

Post by speezly »

There is one in a junkyard here in VA. I had to use car-part.com or some similar search engine to find one for my 93 a couple years back. 2wd first gen gas tanks are different and will not work from what I recall. Try the junkyard searches and you should find something close enough.
93 Legacy l AWD 5mt
87 GL-10 Turbo 5mt
86BRATMAN
Second Gear

Post by 86BRATMAN »

Where are you located, I have a 93 awd L that I'm going to be parting out when temps warm up a little bit.
speezly
Second Gear

Post by speezly »

86BRATMAN wrote:Where are you located, I have a 93 awd L that I'm going to be parting out when temps warm up a little bit.
I will be interested in all sorts of random odds and ends when you do. I call dibs on the corner lenses( if there are any lol
93 Legacy l AWD 5mt
87 GL-10 Turbo 5mt