1993 Legacy sedan

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

icrman
First Gear

1993 Legacy sedan

Post by icrman »

I've searched and found nothing on removing the driver door panel, it has a window falling problem wife says.
Pntaste4evr99
Winestone Cowboy

Re: 1993 Legacy sedan

Post by Pntaste4evr99 »

A couple screw and clips around the perimeter of the panel, pops right off
94 Winestone SS 5MT Rob 550 20g. (Pickle)
Original WA car with 460k miles and climbing
10wrxing
First Gear

Post by 10wrxing »

Remove the 3 screws at the bottom front of the speaker pod, pull the small cylinder of black foam out of the inner door handle to reveal a screw.
Beneath the power window buttons there is a small rectangular panel. Pry this off with a small screw-driver to reveal a screw.

The hardest part is removing the plastic trim panel that sits behind the door release. Gently pull it towards the rear of the car and pry the front and then the top and bottom with a flat-bladed screwdriver.
I find an angled screwdriver is best.
Becareful, because these do like to break.

Remove the two screws holding the panel on and then gently pull the panel off of the door. You'll need to disconnect the wiring harness for the power windows. And they don't give you much length of wiring.
icrman
First Gear

Post by icrman »

"Remove the 2 screws holding the panel on" and are they behind the trim panel of the door release ? Or are they the one that are behind the black cork and the lower panel?

So is it best to remove the button assembly first to disconnect the wires? And how is it snapped in?
icrman
First Gear

Post by icrman »

May work on it this weekend, which way to pry up on the switch panel?
dankberries
Second Gear

Post by dankberries »

icrman wrote:"Remove the 2 screws holding the panel on" and are they behind the trim panel of the door release ? Or are they the one that are behind the black cork and the lower panel?

So is it best to remove the button assembly first to disconnect the wires? And how is it snapped in?

Photo courtesy of "ShootJoeC/RHD legacy Joe" :

I personally like to take the door card off just enough to gain access to wiring plug for the window switch and then unplug it. It is possible to remove the switches, pry upward, it just sort of snaps in place but I prefer not to risk breaking anything.

The removal of the handle plastic trim should be taken with care, it is very easy to break that piece. Its held in by little tabs on the piece its self. I couldn't find a picture but can probably take one tomorrow.
93 impreza rally muffin
93 legacy ss Tarmac Terminator
89 Nissan 240sx sr20
90 Nissan 240sx 2jz
killajamal wrote:Dank is actually German for "silly term which the kids have come up with to describe exceptionally choice marijuana.''
icrman
First Gear

Post by icrman »

Okay last weekend I got it off. Its pretty easy, but the triangle part left all three of the posts in the door. And looks like they were glued at one time so.
The piece behind the door handle has 2 rectangle hooks that you need to slip a small screw driver in between the approx. center of the handle and lightly pry up to release, one on top and other at bottom.
I have not found time to fool with the window regulator that is broke I saw that.