Will WRX seats bolt directly into first gen legacy?

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

WRXish
First Gear

Will WRX seats bolt directly into first gen legacy?

Post by WRXish »

I have a set of 2009 WRX seats coming for my first gen legacy, are these a direct bolt in or will I have to make mods to make them fit?
Pntaste4evr99
Winestone Cowboy

Re: Will WRX seats bolt directly into first gen legacy?

Post by Pntaste4evr99 »

A little mod on the back mounting holes/brackets. At least with 06 STI seats I put in mine I have to mod just the rears.
94 Winestone SS 5MT Rob 550 20g. (Pickle)
Original WA car with 460k miles and climbing
WRXish
First Gear

Post by WRXish »

Thanks for that guys, however the mod to the rear bracket next to transmission tunnel is a serious mod....gonna have to have something welded on there to bolt that corner down or drill a new hole in the floorpan. That hole doesnt even come close to being useable as is. Oh well, that dreaded word comes into play....fabrication!!! argh!
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

For future reference, 02-07 WRX seats should just bolt right in, but when they went to the new body in 08 they changed the rear seat mounting quite a bit as you found out. ;)
Omega79
Second Gear

Post by Omega79 »

Alphius wrote:For future reference, 02-07 WRX seats should just bolt right in, but when they went to the new body in 08 they changed the rear seat mounting quite a bit as you found out. ;)
To add to this in case someone else stumbles in here, the seats will ride a little higher than stock. If you're pretty tall it could be an issue. Average height it's not a big deal, just different.
lucas wrote:There were multiple Legacys with 300k+ miles. Jesus will return on a Turbo Lego.