Front fenders

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

hellawesome
In Neutral

Front fenders

Post by hellawesome »

I’m having a hard time finding a replacement fender for my 92 T-leg shipped to Canada. I know Subaru doesn’t make these anymore so I’m fine with an aftermarket oem replacement. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omega79
Second Gear

Re: Front fenders

Post by Omega79 »

Unfortunately, I think your only option is to find a used one. Whether from a self service wrecking yard or from some other place like LKQ or off eBay. Then you run into the issue of finding your color and condition etc. It's VERY difficult to find these fenders without dents, just a heads up. If you find one with little dings, no rust and not pushed in around the parking/turn signal light, just grab it.

One helpful piece of info though, is the fact that any fender from 92-94 sedans or wagons will fit (assuming you don't have a front end swap).
lucas wrote:There were multiple Legacys with 300k+ miles. Jesus will return on a Turbo Lego.
Legacyofmatt
In Neutral

Post by Legacyofmatt »

Did you ever find any? I ended finding a parts supplier that could get them but when they arrived there was a note and only one fender saying they were sorry but it was the last of the supply... and im having a terrible time finding used. Wagon
An sedan fenders interchange ?
Subiekid94
In Neutral

Post by Subiekid94 »

You can use sedan fenders, my old fenders were rusted and dented, I got lucky and found a set in a different color in the local junk yard off an LSi sedan. The only difference between fenders are 90-91 and 92-94. If you take the corner lights you can probably fit pre facelift fenders on a post facelift or vise versa.
hellawesome
In Neutral

Post by hellawesome »

Sedan and wagon fenders are the same but I have still no luck in finding anything

Omega79
Second Gear

Post by Omega79 »

I'm planning some junk yard trips probably in March. I could pick some up for you, but shipping from Arizona probably won't be cheap. As long as you cover the cost of shipping and what the yard would charge for the parts, I'd be willing to give you a hand...
lucas wrote:There were multiple Legacys with 300k+ miles. Jesus will return on a Turbo Lego.
hellawesome
In Neutral

Post by hellawesome »

Thanks a lot! I’ll shoot you a pm

nosyt
Second Gear

Post by nosyt »

I have two brand new fenders, unfortunately we sent them to someone local who was going to make molds and produce fiberglass or carbon versions of these fenders. he lost his work space halfway through and returned them back covered in fiberglass and resin.... I'm not looking to clean them up and put them on my car. Still hoping to find someone with the skills to make molds out of these fenders
Garbels90
In Neutral

Post by Garbels90 »

hey just wondering if this fiberglass mold thing ever took off or if anyone knows someone who is doing it?
-I have someone in the mechanical engineering department who could laser the panel on to Fusion360 and manufacture a mold but it might be costly.
What do you think a fiberglass panel would sell for? Or what would guys pay for one? I know developing a mold and casting it might cost a bit but if there is a market for panels that will never rust then i might be able to do it. (if there is any). Let me know guys!