What are our options for window rain guards???

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

85hpp
In Neutral

What are our options for window rain guards???

Post by 85hpp »

Do we even have any? lol... not having a window frame seems to make it tricky...
One of the only things that turns me off about the 94 is getting dripped on while smoking with the window cracked in the rain. Would it be easier to just quit smoking? :D

Also I'm getting a drip from the top-rear corner of the RR window... do those weird 'gutter' things on the roof need to be cleaned out periodically or prone to hide rust holes??? The car was VERY mildew stinky when I got it... It's usually parked under a carport now, but I like to remedy things when I can. Any advice would be great!
Pete - '94 Legacy 2wd/auto - Mobile nightclub in progress
- '02 Legacy Outback Sedan Limited - heated leather seats, sunroof, shiny paint, cherry condition - all things new to me :)
- 2006 Honda Reflex 250cc
Ty92leg
In Neutral

Re: What are our options for window rain guards???

Post by Ty92leg »

85hpp wrote:Do we even have any? lol... not having a window frame seems to make it tricky...
One of the only things that turns me off about the 94 is getting dripped on while smoking with the window cracked in the rain. Would it be easier to just quit smoking? :D

Also I'm getting a drip from the top-rear corner of the RR window... do those weird 'gutter' things on the roof need to be cleaned out periodically or prone to hide rust holes??? The car was VERY mildew stinky when I got it... It's usually parked under a carport now, but I like to remedy things when I can. Any advice would be great!
I think there might be some option if you choose a subaru that has them availible, like the 1st gen imprezas, I think they 05 legacys might have them. I can't remember if they are frameless doors

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk
Ty92leg
In Neutral

Post by Ty92leg »

Ty92leg wrote:
85hpp wrote:Do we even have any? lol... not having a window frame seems to make it tricky...

I think there might be some option if you choose a subaru that has them availible, like the 1st gen imprezas, I think they 05 legacys might have them. I can't remember if they are frameless doors

I need to figure out how to remove my "raingutter" things because age has taken a toll and previous owner neglect [emoji23]

Gasket97
In Neutral

Post by Gasket97 »

I was able to use rain guards from a 2nd generation legacy wagon, the front guards are about 2" too long so you have to cut them down a bit. They fit the window fairly well, I ordered mine of rockauto.
ride_child
Third Gear

Post by ride_child »

theres a guy from australia in a facebook group that makes carbon fiber and fiber glass rain guards, ill try to find a link for ya
Kris

'91 Mica White SS - R.I.P.
'88 White RX Turbo sedan - SOLD
'91 Black SS - SOLD
'93 Silver Turbo Wagon - Hibernation/Project Mode
'91 Black Camry Alltrac - R.I.P.
'09 DGM Forester XT Limited - Daily
SWRT
Third Gear

Post by SWRT »

Gasket97 wrote:I was able to use rain guards from a 2nd generation legacy wagon, the front guards are about 2" too long so you have to cut them down a bit. They fit the window fairly well, I ordered mine of rockauto.
How did you find them on there?
ronemus
In Neutral

Post by ronemus »

I used AVS rain guards on my '02 LGT wagon and my '17 OB; they worked well. The guards for the frameless windows on my '02 attached to the body with clearance so the doors willopen with the windows fully up. They are sold on Amazon among other places. It's worth a look to see whether they still sell them for your '94.