legacycentral bbs
https://bbs.legacycentral.org/

What are our options for window rain guards???
https://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56278
Page 1 of 1

Author:  85hpp [ Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:39 am ]
Post subject:  What are our options for window rain guards???

Do we even have any? lol... not having a window frame seems to make it tricky...
One of the only things that turns me off about the 94 is getting dripped on while smoking with the window cracked in the rain. Would it be easier to just quit smoking? :D

Also I'm getting a drip from the top-rear corner of the RR window... do those weird 'gutter' things on the roof need to be cleaned out periodically or prone to hide rust holes??? The car was VERY mildew stinky when I got it... It's usually parked under a carport now, but I like to remedy things when I can. Any advice would be great!

Author:  Ty92leg [ Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are our options for window rain guards???

85hpp wrote:
Do we even have any? lol... not having a window frame seems to make it tricky...
One of the only things that turns me off about the 94 is getting dripped on while smoking with the window cracked in the rain. Would it be easier to just quit smoking? :D

Also I'm getting a drip from the top-rear corner of the RR window... do those weird 'gutter' things on the roof need to be cleaned out periodically or prone to hide rust holes??? The car was VERY mildew stinky when I got it... It's usually parked under a carport now, but I like to remedy things when I can. Any advice would be great!
I think there might be some option if you choose a subaru that has them availible, like the 1st gen imprezas, I think they 05 legacys might have them. I can't remember if they are frameless doors

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

Author:  Ty92leg [ Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are our options for window rain guards???

Ty92leg wrote:
85hpp wrote:
Do we even have any? lol... not having a window frame seems to make it tricky...
One of the only things that turns me off about the 94 is getting dripped on while smoking with the window cracked in the rain. Would it be easier to just quit smoking? :D

Also I'm getting a drip from the top-rear corner of the RR window... do those weird 'gutter' things on the roof need to be cleaned out periodically or prone to hide rust holes??? The car was VERY mildew stinky when I got it... It's usually parked under a carport now, but I like to remedy things when I can. Any advice would be great!
I think there might be some option if you choose a subaru that has them availible, like the 1st gen imprezas, I think they 05 legacys might have them. I can't remember if they are frameless doors

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk
I need to figure out how to remove my "raingutter" things because age has taken a toll and previous owner neglect

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

Author:  Gasket97 [ Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What are our options for window rain guards???

I was able to use rain guards from a 2nd generation legacy wagon, the front guards are about 2" too long so you have to cut them down a bit. They fit the window fairly well, I ordered mine of rockauto.

Author:  ride_child [ Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are our options for window rain guards???

theres a guy from australia in a facebook group that makes carbon fiber and fiber glass rain guards, ill try to find a link for ya

Author:  SWRT [ Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are our options for window rain guards???

Gasket97 wrote:
I was able to use rain guards from a 2nd generation legacy wagon, the front guards are about 2" too long so you have to cut them down a bit. They fit the window fairly well, I ordered mine of rockauto.


How did you find them on there?

Author:  ronemus [ Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What are our options for window rain guards???

I used AVS rain guards on my '02 LGT wagon and my '17 OB; they worked well. The guards for the frameless windows on my '02 attached to the body with clearance so the doors willopen with the windows fully up. They are sold on Amazon among other places. It's worth a look to see whether they still sell them for your '94.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/