Replacement rocker panels.

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Martin_Subaru
In Neutral

Replacement rocker panels.

Post by Martin_Subaru »

Hi
I’m about to get started on the rust repairs on my 91 Legacy and the rocker panels are not to good. I want to replace the entire panel in both sides if possible. I have checked with Subaru and they are no longer available to buy. So I thought how far off are rocker panels from an GC Impreza? I’ve seen that subiesavers does repair panels for the Impreza and if they could fit with light modifications I would buy a set of those :)
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5B333103

Thanks in advance :)
mike-tracy

Re: Replacement rocker panels.

Post by mike-tracy »

I just sold my 1992 SS so I can't do a side by side comparison. :( But I do have a 2000 GC8 coupe. I'll measure for you. What are you looking for besides the overall length?
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

If I had to guess, the 2nd gen legacy would be a closer match than an impreza (which is a shorter car)
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
scoobiedoo22
First Gear

Post by scoobiedoo22 »

I agree with Mike. I currently have my 98 Outback in the shop up on the lift n doing new hg's and t belt and was looking at the rockers thinking the length/profile should be close to the first gens so you're not the only one Martin. I can check profiles this week but it may be the same story...my 91 has been due for new front fenders, rockers and some rear wheel well patches for years now but SOA and aftermarket has dried up for replacements...just hope there are some still left for the second gens.
1991 Legacy SS 5-Speed

1999 Impreza 2.5RS Coupe
Martin_Subaru
In Neutral

Post by Martin_Subaru »

I have been thinking about the 2nd gen Legacy and here is a picture of the 1st gen sills

And here are the 2nd gen sills to me it looks I bit different in terms of fitting but maybe the shape is not to far off?

It’s a long time since I last saw a 2nd gen so cant quite remember how it is