Sti v...

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Darkseb
In Neutral

Sti v...

Post by Darkseb »

Anyone have some info on which jdm sti v(only motor) are the best on the aspect of perfomance,durability,compatibility and cost? Any chart of all the special edition sti?
SS 91,94,GC V7 on the way...(subaru toys),GTI 92,TDi 00,Audi 200 turbo quattro(german toys),Dodge Dakota 00(for sale)R6 00(2 wheels bomb...)
Darkseb
In Neutral

Post by Darkseb »

nasioc maybe....???
SS 91,94,GC V7 on the way...(subaru toys),GTI 92,TDi 00,Audi 200 turbo quattro(german toys),Dodge Dakota 00(for sale)R6 00(2 wheels bomb...)
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

V1 and V2 are the only easy swaps as far as wiring is concerned. Only 2 wires are required to be added to the vehicles harness, with a few more optional. If you convert the engine to wasted spark you can even get it running on a stock EJ22t ECU and let piggybacks handle the tuning.

All 5speed swaps are basically the same mechanically. 6speeds a bit more involved.

I can't help too much as far as engine strength is concerned. Most factory turbo Subarus are pretty stout with proper maintenance however. I would guess 300 crank HP is safe with any well maintaned motor. 400+ on some of the later or special versions.

Yes, Nasioc is a good place to start. Just always keep in mind....sometimes the interweb lies.
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
Darkseb
In Neutral

Post by Darkseb »

thanks thats a cool info.Today i found some interesting fact on nasioc they say that v7 are probably the best(on impreza chassis) but the best bang for the buck still an ej22t!!!