Our Room mate scored on a 98 Legacy Outback

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: Our Room mate scored on a 98 Legacy Outback

Post by ciper »

Oh ok that makes sense. When the leak gets back enough it will push exhaust into the coolant on power stroke and suck water into the cylinder on intake stroke.

Why not try to do it yourself? The only outside cost besides parts would be the machine shop work. I'd personally have the bock and the heads shaved.
CCorsair
First Gear

Post by CCorsair »

ciper wrote:Oh ok that makes sense. When the leak gets back enough it will push exhaust into the coolant on power stroke and suck water into the cylinder on intake stroke.

Why not try to do it yourself? The only outside cost besides parts would be the machine shop work. I'd personally have the bock and the heads shaved.
One of the thing I would love to be able to do mechanically work on cars ,But some how out of everyone in my family I lack 2 skills they all have. One to drinking anything with Alcoholic and Two to work on cars beyond the basic...Lol I can do anything with computers. I can do near any kind of arts but when it comes to working on engine .. It's just not in my skill set ..sigh.. I look at the cost for just getting the heads and it seems having a shop do it here is Sac is very costly still it the main part to the $2k cost the shop gave us. Wish i knew some near me that could do the work I could barter with but anyone that can do some work are limited as well (like the guy that help replace the strut on my car) that guy a client from my Tech work days I still do his support work for his computer as he run a great Mexican restaurant so lot of barter but i did ask him and he not set up to do that work so he has limits to what he feels good doing and another friend just doesn't work friend cars after some people just burned him badly for good work and he works Airplanes and fly 747..he would be great at it but just won't do it.. Ok well thanks

CC
1990 Subaru Legacy L Wagon AWD.
CCorsair
First Gear

Post by CCorsair »

Up date Room mates 98 wagon on this post will be heading into the shop.. any thing ANYONE can think we should look at let me know ASAP Thanks

CC
1990 Subaru Legacy L Wagon AWD.