Leave of Absence

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Blackbart
Vendor
Vendor

Leave of Absence

Post by Blackbart »

Hello friends,
I am slowly recovering from the loss of my wife this past summer, I have not been around for the past six months.
Although I may not be as active as I was in the past I intend to spend some time here again when I can. I also expect to spend quite a bit of time away again, for weeks or months at a time, hopefully doing something constructive in Sudan or other Third World countries.
I am afraid that if I get too busy here and then go away I can possibly leave people hanging, and if they are not aware of my situation it my cause hard feelings. So I am going to take it slow selling parts and not offer anything if I think I can not deliver on time.
I have had a wonderful life and now I need to share it with others that are living lives of desperation. This is not to say that I will not put aside some selfish time for myself, I will, I am not that strong.
I am going to post a link to this thread into all the PMs that I have in my inbox that were not replied to.
Peace,
Frank
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

Frank-

I'm so sorry about your wife.

Your desire to help others living difficult lives is both admirable and selfless...two qualities which I would say describe you well.

I wish you the best of luck!
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
Subaru_Nation555
Third Gear

Post by Subaru_Nation555 »

I am incredibly sorry to hear about your loss and I wish you the best of luck in whatever direction life takes you.

-Sacha
'06 Impreza 2.5i wagon
rockethound
First Gear

Post by rockethound »

Frank,
I am terribly sorry to hear about your wife and I just want to say I wish you well and hope that you can find some peace and happiness again. I to see you on the web again sometime but having lost someone myself, I know it can be a long road to recover.

Best Wishes,
Deanna Eryynn Mahanay
(rockethound)
'92 Legacy SS ej20g mugged, desnorked, TD04, , MBC, CAI,v2 i/c, JDM STi v2 close ratio 5sp w/4.11's, short shifted.
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

Dude....
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

Frank, rough times are indeed rough. Push yourself, but don't push too hard. Stay busy, as it sounds like you intend to. Chemicals only exacperate the situation.

I may be preaching to the choir on this one, but you have plenty of people behind you.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Frank,

My sincerest condolences for the loss of your wife.

While the BBS has missed you, everyone here is behind you in what ever decisions you decide to make with your time. We wish you the best and I'm sure I speak for a lot of people here - just let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Take care,

Lee
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
bepa
Second Gear

but you know

Post by bepa »

man frank I was a lucky person to have met both of you in person. to the few who may not have met your wife she was a lady and a wonderful person as well.

my friends will be sadded to hear of your lose. me I will remember the night time drop off's. the long stories we told each other. you my friend will find your way and the world will be a better place for sure with you travelling thru it.

be well my friend. if you are up to it maybe we can get together and have a coffee. would love to see you again. you turn a day into an occassion.

again sorry to hear of your lose. am not going to ask how just hope you remember all the good times and have enough time for your daughter.

yours Daniel (bepa) oh yea son gets out of marines on October 31!
91 SS/ 01 MB ML 55
Bronx, NY.
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

Frank,

The community here hasn't forgotten you for a second. It's good to see that you're still standing after what I could only imagine as one of the toughest challenges life has to offer.

We have missed you though- http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=38155

Glad you had the chance to drop back in.

Nate
SUBARUEHS Racing
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Glad to hear from you Frank.

Few things elevate my mood anymore, the way everything is these days.

Most people that have, as you say, a "wonderful life," are usually just extremely selfish and hell-bent on keeping it to themselves.

While there's nothing wrong with this, many people that I know that are selfless and caring toward others are usually making up for something, to right a wrong that has been done to them or that they have done to someone else.

But to hear that someone who's had a fulfilling and prosperous life, and is already an exceptionally generous person, feels even more compelled to make this world a better place...

... that's truly inspirational.

My best wishes to you as you travel in your philanthropic quests. I know you'll make a difference.

Also, I didn't properly express this in my PM to you... my deepest sympathies to you for the loss of your wife. Although I've never met either of you, I'm sure she was a fantastic woman.

As I did say in my PM, I may be a great distance away, but if there's ever anything you think I can do for you, please let me know.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I couldn't imagine handling that with your grace. Be careful over there and good luck.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
ScottyS
Second Gear

Post by ScottyS »

Frank,

Very sorry for your loss. Your aspirations are noble and very doable. My little sister finished her RN and instead of taking a high $$ job domestically here, immediately went over to the Sudan and has been living in the sticks with the people running a field medical clinic out of a grass hut. Sees 70 people a day. She gets paid nothing, and lives in the same conditions they do. She loves her life there, along with all the adventures and sad times, and wants to stay there. She's been there for the large part of 3 years now. Those with the dedication can have a big impact on those less fortunate.

Scotty
1991 SS build thread: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=40430
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

Sorry to hear of your loss Frank....
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD
ultrasonic
Third Gear

Post by ultrasonic »

I'm sorry for your loss, Frank.

This community has long benefited from your participation. Any other community would surely be uplifted by your contribution, too.

I hope to see you around here every once in a while.

Good luck.
-steve-

03 Legacy L Wagon
91 Legacy Sport Sedan - SOLD
94 Legacy Touring Wagon - SOLD
00 Impreza L Sport Wagon - totaled!
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Frank,

Sorry to hear about your loss.

You've got a lot of friends here!

Don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything I can do for you.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Good luck in your travels.
90 L+ wgn
islander
First Gear

Post by islander »

I feel very sorry Frank. Even thou we live so far away after so many deals I felt like we are close friends. I said to locals that I have a friend in PA that helps me with parts for my Subby. I wish I could write something to make you feel well but I know that's not possible. The only words that help me were "she will be there waiting to welcome you". Keep your mind busy and whenever it hits you, stop and cry because that gives your soul some relief to go back to your life.
Arturo C. Morales
quicklook
Second Gear

Post by quicklook »

hope things get easier for you in the future.
92ss satinsvoice
Third Gear

Post by 92ss satinsvoice »

i know your pain, for i have lost both my parents a year from each other while i was in high school. it hurts, and will hurt for a while. Ive never met you personally but. i know that your a swell guy from what ive heard from members on this board.

i pray for a clear course for you and a strong will.

you have alot of support here, and we will not forget you.

Frank, god speed. im sorry for your loss. hope to hear form you again.
Andy
94 L n/a 5spd, Rip
92 ss burgundy, weekend toy - owner since 2006
mods: too much to list, lost track after $16,000
91 ss champagne - Rip
93 L wagon - Sold (in the family)
97 OBW LTD - Sold (in the family)
88 Leon GL Hatchback - DD
Matt Monson
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by Matt Monson »

Frank,
I just stumbled on this thread after seeing your first for sale ad in eons. You were missed around here but it all makes sense now. Whenever you are here, know that you are not alone, and also in your travels know that we are with you. You have become one of the cornerstones of this community and we all appreciate all that you do for us. Take care of yourself and I am very sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how it must feel.
1974 Porsche 914 Cam Am Limted Edition AKA the Bumble Bee
1973 Porsche 914 2.0 l -Suby swap pending
1968 Porsche 911t survivor 47k original miles
2000 2.5RS daily driver.
1999 2.5RS w/ 50+ extra whp
Suby Hai!
New92
Third Gear

Post by New92 »

Thank you Frank. I know others abroad will come to appreciate you as much as we do here. Take care of yourself.
Ben
1992 SS 5MT
She's growing faster in her old age!
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

All I can say is Wow. I hope your time away has helped you as much as it can. I'm really sorry to hear about your wife, that's horrible. If you ever need anything, let us know.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
Laura
First Gear

Post by Laura »

Frank, my heart weeps for you.

It makes one take a look at what they want out of life. I pray I am missed as much as I can tell you miss her, from the cautious words you wrote, when I graduate life. I admire your determination and strength for even posting this, knowing people would remind you of sadness, but may it remind you that you have friends who care and support you and applaud you for being strong and making the world a better place. You are in my prayers on your adventures, and may you have fun helping people!
Laura

77 Ford F150 (SOLD)
90 Legacy L 5sp AWD (SOLD!)
05 Ninja 250 (SOLD!)
02 Suzuki TL1000R (SOLD)
01 Suzuki GSX-R 750
91 Legacy SS 5MT Pearl White Turbo (For Sale)
07 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins Turbo Diesel