my story legacy 1994 turbo

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

yazmo
Third Gear

my story legacy 1994 turbo

Post by yazmo »

Hi there it,s been almost a year now that i have my legacy 1994 turbo
and i am starting also to desesperated. car still on credit
i have a brand news gas tank with the filler pipe and the middle pipe also. ordered over internet its almost cost me 750$ shipping and those freaking duty tax i am located in montreal, canada.
tank still not installed no fund for that i heard its a job of 6 hours

i have buy few new sensor bcuz i want to find out why its costing me so much in gas, i do like 50 km for 10 liter of gas, make the count.

also i got hit by a hit and run now i have the driver passenger fender broke and the side light. need new one and new paint. i got a deal 350$ but i know its won be the same color, my car was mint,
if you guy know a good way to make it look almost like original feel free to give me some hint.

i have change my caliper for rebuild, i dint know i could get newer legacy brake system bah...

i also have my brake light puping up i guest the mechanic guy dint bleed correctly or maybe like legacy said i have moiturise on it, its usualy fix the problem when i remove the cap for the brake fluid.

i got this problem since the mechanic guy install my goodbridge stainless brake line.

my resonator pin was broke i order a new one from subarupart
beleive it or not its came already broke the same exact pin. the one that go to the pressure regulator with the restrictor.

i keep hearing some wisssshhhhhhhhing sound around 2600rpm look like air is bleeding from somewhere. i just discover my car was accidented before i own it. so my front plate is glue and my right side headlight screw are unscrewable, paint his staring to chip
but that normal for a car that old. i have 157000 km on the engine,
i can see a little oil spoile under the manifold,

some of my firend told me i may have wheel bearing ir cardan sorry dont know how to say it in english this is something that yo can lose a wheel if not repaired.

little probleme here and there, i got a brake line repair under the back seat where they form a S curve its fix now.

i also installe jdm strut bar. the mechanic tell me my passenger shock is losing oil...

i blow a radiator already but i find out its was already crack when i brough the car.

i have install alarm system almost 550$

3 tie rod have been change.

so let me tell you i am very very desesperated but i have like no choice to keep it right now.

so if you guy have any tip or place where i can order good part let me know i read the link from legacy777 but those shop are in usa
and i have to pay double due to the duty tax and shipping
its killing me.

but i do love the can its run great even the turbo run smooth
its my friest car that why i dint go with new car for saving in assurance but now i am paying more....

i was planning to boost the car but i think its need basic fixing before i do plan on that.

and for finish i just when back philipinnes gouvernement tell me i made infraction bcuz i dint tell them so i own them 1 month or paid assurance so almost 1400$ plus 1000$ or penality and 5 year i wont be able to get emplyement assurance
my trip on philipinnes cost me like 5000$ my credit card are load
and almost lossing my name here,
so you can understand why this car is driving me crazy

so for those who beleive its not worth investing on this car think abou tmy story you probably going to feel better.

thx guy maybe its was out of topic but i had to evacuted all this frustration.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Lets start with the problems your car is having currently.
1) It uses too much fuel
2) It has a brake problem
3) It sounds like there is a boost leak
4) It needs a radiator
5) Something about a resonator pin
Does this sound correct?
More information about this resonator pin would be good.
You'd like advice on how to fix it, or whether to fix it?
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

The wheel bearing will not cause immediate problems, but do not ignore it for too long, or it will damage the hub, costing more to fix later.

The hissing noise above 2600 RPM sounds like a boost leak, check all of your intake hoses after the turbo for cracks and tighten the clamps.
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Isn't there just one hose after the turbo technically?
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
quicklook
Second Gear

Post by quicklook »

MAN!

i had to have a stiff drink after that long post.

makes me happy it is only raining out.

WOW!
GodSquadMandrake
First Gear

Post by GodSquadMandrake »

Subaru's are very expensive cars to fix! It's cheaper to upgrade everything than it is to buy an OEM part. But there is Nasioc and people are always parting out cars so you can find parts on there for cheap. Just be patient and keep watching the classifieds.
When you get the part shipped I hear the thing to do is have the shipper put "antique auto parts" on the box and you won't have to pay duty, but I don't know I live in the US.

I'm not sure what all the details are but it might make more sense to get rid of this car and get a cheaper more reliable car if you are looking at it from a purely economic standpoint. Or if you are really trying to build this car up into a turbo monster you could just get a cheap daily driver to beat on while this thing gets built up in the garage. Just some ideas...
-Doug Wilson
yazmo
Third Gear

thx bro for replying

Post by yazmo »

beatersubi wrote:Lets start with the problems your car is having currently.
1) It uses too much fuel
2) It has a brake problem
3) It sounds like there is a boost leak
4) It needs a radiator
5) Something about a resonator pin
Does this sound correct?

More information about this resonator pin would be good.
You'd like advice on how to fix it, or whether to fix it?
Just to correct few thing my radiator just as been change a brand new one, and my resonator box i have the pin with clue.

About the leak in the boost i would say yes probably.

Brake probleme yes i do! maybe moiturize in the system a fluid change, im going to do it when i change my wheel for this summer.

And yes! i must be running very rich. Why is what i don't know?

And the only thing i din't change it's the OXIGEN Sensor
and din't read the comput eiher, i know i should!

I would like to do it with someone with me, sound easy but
i need to get my laptop close so i can definitly do the obd diagnostic
correctly.

thx for all your support and pardon me with my english.
thx for your comprehension also this is my first car, i know from what i have read on, i am not an expert at all.
yazmo
Third Gear

Post by yazmo »

GodSquadMandrake wrote:Subaru's are very expensive cars to fix! It's cheaper to upgrade everything than it is to buy an OEM part. But there is Nasioc and people are always parting out cars so you can find parts on there for cheap. Just be patient and keep watching the classifieds.
When you get the part shipped I hear the thing to do is have the shipper put "antique auto parts" on the box and you won't have to pay duty, but I don't know I live in the US.

I'm not sure what all the details are but it might make more sense to get rid of this car and get a cheaper more reliable car if you are looking at it from a purely economic standpoint. Or if you are really trying to build this car up into a turbo monster you could just get a cheap daily driver to beat on while this thing gets built up in the garage. Just some ideas...
good point hte only problem is i dint decide yet.
if i only had a garage, and the financial.
but its make me think about it thx for the suggestion thx you.