New Guy from Lakewood CO

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

LikeUCare
First Gear

New Guy from Lakewood CO

Post by LikeUCare »

Hello All, just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. My name is Eric and tomorrow I will be the owner of a 94 AGM Legacy manual transmission w/TD04 and TMIC install. Block was rebuilt 30K ago and clutch is recent as well.

Interior is nice, exterior is okay and engine idle and WOT well. During the test drive if I attempt WOT at 1800-3000RPM she stutters slightly and then responds. This is not present above 3000 or below 1800.

It does have a fuel cutout install. Seller thinks the fuel pump is suspect since it is the stock unit with 220K. Do you guys think that this is an accurate assessment?

As a for me I am a Subie fan, I have had an 02 WRX, two 03 WRXs (one a stage II), 07 WRX, 06 Legacy SE, and currently have a 08 Legacy GT. I am looking for the SS to be a daily driver/commuter with the potential to become an occasional racer.

This forum has a ton of info, thanks for it already. Looking forwarding to learning and contribute when I can!

Eric
1994 ABM 5-Speed SS Rebuilt EJ22T, Walboro 255, TD04, 06 WRX Intercooler, 3"TBE, WRX Rims, WRX Seats, STi Pitchstop, KYB AGXs
SOLD
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Re: New Guy from Lakewood CO

Post by wtdash »

Welcome.

I'd post your question over in the Engine category, too.

Yes, the fuel pump is suspect, but I don't know why it would still work @ higher RPMs. :?

My .02 says tune-up time:
Plugs
Wires
Fuel Filter
PCV valve
Air Filter

Also, since this has been 'modded', I'd double-check all the Vac lines, as a TD04/TMIC install certainly had to move/reroute some to get it installed.

And as a loyal Subie owner you probably know to use only OEM on the plugs and wires (NGK). ;-)

GL,
TD
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
macipusy
Third Gear

Post by macipusy »

Welcome....I'm in the Denver area also. I'll keep an eye out for you.
maciek puszynski

01 Impreza | v6 STi RA | 5mt | ej236t
93 Legacy Turbo | TW | 4eat | ej22t
16 WRX | 6mt | fa20
98 Legacy GT | wagon | 5mt | ej25d

2.36L Turbo - RSTi Build
91legacyawdturbo
Second Gear

Post by 91legacyawdturbo »

welcome aswell in Arvada. if you see a white tleg with hella fog lamps that'll be me
91 SS, v9 ej207 twin scroll swap, Gda wrx dash swap.
2002 wrx sport wagon
LikeUCare
First Gear

Post by LikeUCare »

Thanks for the welcome guys, I started doing all the tune up stuff on this thing and I discovered bearing material in the oil. It didn't present on the dipstick and the car doesn't knock but the filter and bottom of the pan have a nice residue.

SO........I am looking to rebuild. To be honest, I think the job is out of my scope. I really don't have the time or space needed to split the block. Any recommendations for local shops?

I have had some dealings with Super Rupiar in Boulder but was wondering if you guys had any other suggestions.
1994 ABM 5-Speed SS Rebuilt EJ22T, Walboro 255, TD04, 06 WRX Intercooler, 3"TBE, WRX Rims, WRX Seats, STi Pitchstop, KYB AGXs
SOLD
91legacyawdturbo
Second Gear

Post by 91legacyawdturbo »

How much does super Rupair want for the rebuild? There's ccr (colorado component rebuilders) but they want 3,900+ a refundable core. http://www.ccrengines.com/id21.html . Hope you luck on that
91 SS, v9 ej207 twin scroll swap, Gda wrx dash swap.
2002 wrx sport wagon
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Post by wtdash »

Recommend you contact Matt Monson...he's in your area. Haven't seen him on here in awhile...try over on NASIOC...he has one for $500 as of 2/28.
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
LikeUCare
First Gear

Post by LikeUCare »

Thanks for the lead, looking him up now.
SOLD
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Nice to see another local! I'm up in Thornton. Usually go to the sonics car show up on 96th and federal on friday nights when its warm! Maybe you see around! Welcome to BBS!

-Joe
Last edited by CAV3MAN227 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
Potter
First Gear

Post by Potter »

Welcome I'm in Arvada Co too along with 91legacyawdturbo. I got a white tleg green wrx wheels look for me.
92 Turbo Legacy 2.2L
96 Explorer 4.0L
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

Welcome, I'm located in Boulder, I've got a white 93ss but it's in the process of being torn down when I have free time.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
LikeUCare
First Gear

Post by LikeUCare »

Alot of SS owners out there...that is awesome..... I am getting the engine rebuilt in my now, think every seal in the car was leaking and I found bearing material in the oil. Should find out in the next couple of days what gave up the ghost....I suspect a main bearing but will know soon.
SOLD
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Sad enough to say, i'm thinking of selling my SS! ...again

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
__TT__
First Gear

Post by __TT__ »

In lakewood as well
94 tleggy wagon, 22t with 2.5 dohc heads, pp6, tdo4, fmic, 3inch catless bpm turbo back, wrx brakes, MANY interior mods to list