Sexiest Legacy in existence?

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Sexiest Legacy in existence?

Post by Mattheww044 »

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.p ... 97715.html

Is it just me, or is this thing the most badass car you've ever seen?
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: Sexiest Legacy in existence?

Post by evolutionmovement »

Most badass, no, but it does look real nice for that kind of look and seems a much more expensive car (that paint job does a great deal towards that).
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
BoostedSubie
Second Gear

Post by BoostedSubie »

That thing is so clean and sick. Not a big fan of the rims but still amazing.
93 Black Legacy SS
93 Legacy
97 Outback- EJ25D/22e frankenmotor
97 Green Outback
97 Red Legacy GT
98 Silver Legacy GT- Pikes Peak build, built EJ22t/205, GT3076r
99 Black Legacy GT wagon
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

That's the thing....I love the looks of the BL/BP Legacies.....just with they drove how they looked.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

not very smooth or what Josh? Never driven one but I am really hoping to get an 07 spec b within the next year or two
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Sexiest show queen Legacy in existence?...

Possibly.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

Yes by sexy I meant appearance lol. It does have a lot of modifications not just cosmetic, but in general that is seriously the sweetest looking car imho
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Mattheww044 wrote:not very smooth or what Josh? Never driven one but I am really hoping to get an 07 spec b within the next year or two

I can't speak for the turbo cars, but for the 2.5i, the drive by wire throttle response is horrible. I push the pedal, and you can literally wait one to two seconds for it to respond where you want. I would assume in the turbo models the mapping is more agressive and probably not as big an issue. I've driven STi's and they didn't appear to have the same problem. That and I didn't care for the seats. I get a back ache from as little as driving 30 minutes.

These may be unique to my car....I don't know....but it's enough that I've written them off my list. I hate the looks of the 2010+ legacies. I do like the looks of the 2011+ wide body WRX's. If I got something, I'd consider those. However don't know how they drive. it's becoming harder to find a newer Subaru that I like....the BRZ is one of the exceptions. Again...haven't driven it, but I would assume it was designed for the performance minded driver.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

SUBYLUV871
Second Gear

Post by SUBYLUV871 »

SUPA CLEAN
Cheep quality aint good, Good quality aint cheep
1998 legacy l wagon
1988 ford ranger prerunner (my baby
)
1994 legacy GT non turbo wagon
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

you can actually re-map the dbw pretty easily with openecu software and it makes things much better. The sti and turbo cars also benefit from it.
92wagon
Second Gear

Post by 92wagon »

Mattheww044 wrote:http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.p ... 97715.html

Is it just me, or is this thing the most badass car you've ever seen?

meh... this one is way hotter!

1992 Legacy L Wagon 4WD Auto 219K
1994 Legacy SunSport Wagon FWD 249K
1994 Legacy Ti 4WD Wagon 5speed 182K (162K on engine)
1991 Legacy L 4WD Wagon 5speed 202k
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

dont get me wrong, I'm all about rallying. But for a clean DD, that is like my dream car. For my toy, this is what I'm talkin about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jiBF2mGxdw
92wagon
Second Gear

Post by 92wagon »

Both excellent videos!
1992 Legacy L Wagon 4WD Auto 219K
1994 Legacy SunSport Wagon FWD 249K
1994 Legacy Ti 4WD Wagon 5speed 182K (162K on engine)
1991 Legacy L 4WD Wagon 5speed 202k
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I think a rally car is a better daily driver. With idiots driving into it, hitting it with doors and things they can't load into their vehicle without smacking them into your car parked next to them, shopping carts making a break for freedom, sand blasting, random road debris, trucks throwing retreads, kicked up rocks, poorly secured loads falling off in front of you, and poorly cleaned construction areas, daily drivers have a hard life and that expensive black paint job wouldn't look nice for long. A googly-eyed Chrysler LHS ran into the back of the wagon and mashed that ugly Ferrari 330 quad light/catfish combo nose around my rear bumper without leaving a scratch, but the Mazda took a parking lot ding that cost almost $3k and a light tap in the back from an Audi that cost a little more. Seeing as the bumper covers nowadays are entirely cosmetic, I imagine the extent of damage the Mazda sustained in those incidents would be the same with its Subaru contemporary. Granted, I drive over 40k miles/yr., so if you're just driving a couple miles, it could be maintained a lot longer, but you'd still have to park it in pound-me-in-the-ass general population parking lots at some point.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

See I've never really ha issues with door dings or any of that. And I totally agree, I wouldn't really plan or expect it to be that clean. I like to have fun in my car with dirt roads and such. Im just gonna get a spec b for a reliable DD and then build an SS or TW for offroading/rallying and then another one for autocross/street car. This won't be for awhile but that is my ultimate plan
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

jamal wrote:you can actually re-map the dbw pretty easily with openecu software and it makes things much better. The sti and turbo cars also benefit from it.
I looked into that. There was an experimental xml file for the 2006 legacy 2.5i ECU. I'd have to get the cable or borrow one and see if I could d/l the ECU rom.

If I can't sell the car for anywhere near what I want, then I will try to reprogram the dbw and swap seats.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Daily beater > show car.
Its so much more fun knowing that you can do things and go places in your car rather than constantly worry weather it'll scrape over that speed bump or the uber-rare wheels will be on it in the morning or if your lip will survive a couple inches of snow. I think owning a BC/BJ is a big part of that.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

You're exactly right! In my Legacy I am much more conscientious of where I park or what I do. In the Impreza, I just go :)
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

That holds for other things, as well. My wood kayak is beautiful, but the plastic one can be dragged over rocks, get too close to rugged shorelines, and cost nothing to maintain (as opposed to having the finish touched up every season or so and redone maybe every 5 years depending on usage). And my beater bike I can take down any path short of a downhill run and only worry a little when I leave it chained up somewhere (unfortunately, assholes will steal any bike regardless of how old or of how little value).