Would Like Some Local Fellow Subaru Fans

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Zombie_Z
In Neutral

Would Like Some Local Fellow Subaru Fans

Post by Zombie_Z »

I am very new to not only the "tuning"/modding scene, but the Subaru scene.

I live in Spokane, WA and would like to meet some local fellow Subaru fanatics that could help me out.

See, I soon am doing a swap to an engine with a turbo, meaning I need to find an ECU, and someone who tunes Subaru's. I figure with some fellow fans local, I could get some good leads on what I need.. I can be pretty knowledgeable at times, but am a complete newbie, greenhorn, dummy, however you word it, That is me.

This is my 2nd Subaru, but the first one I have had any real plans for. Any help and info would be spectacular. Thanks in advance.
Zombie_Z
In Neutral

Re: Would Like Some Local Fellow Subaru Fans

Post by Zombie_Z »

I noticed people are viewing this thread,, but not posting. thats a bummer. Is it because Im a newbie or just cause of my locale? I really would like to meet some fellow subie guys. I know I am new, and suck, but would still like to meet some people.
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Be more specific about your plans, budget, what you do know and what exactly you need help with. Tuning is way too broad

Sent from your bathroom closet
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

There's very little options in the way of tuning. Its basically you buy a jdm wrx ecu and buy a chip from rob on this forum or get a piggyback or stand alone engine management. Nobody tunes these ecus unfortunately. Its going to be a ton of work to swap a turbo engine into your na car. You should begin by spending countless hours searching for threads on swapping and rob tune before divng into this project.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson