Hay Guy and Gals i am new to this site

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

dreadnok
In Neutral

Hay Guy and Gals i am new to this site

Post by dreadnok »

Well i am not sure if this is the right place to start this thread but here goes . I have been wanting to do another build for years. So i started looking for a 91-94 Legacy Turbo with NO LUCK . I NEED HELP FINDING A CLEAN CAR !! Always being a Hustler as a kid a go getter. I was always buying selling and trading everything from toys to BMX Bikes to Motorcycles . So when i Turned 16 i was given a car . It was junk ! It was a 86 pontaic Grand am. It lasted about 6 months. I learned Quick American cars were not that good. So a friend of mine had been given a 89 1/2 Subaru Legacy in 96. It was left at her fathers Garage by the org owner a traviling salesman . It had 177k on it in just 6 years. It needed a Clutch. She already had a Porsche 944 to drive. So for $50 i owned my 1st Subaru Legacy. It was red with Black unpainted bumpers. No plastic tail light on the trunk . Gray int crank windows no ac bare bones. The car was like new only 6 years old. So for $700 i got the clutch done. The guy ripped me off . But he thought me a lesson i cant thank him enough . ALWAYS WORK ON YOUR OWN CAR,.

I had that car for about 2 years than sold it to a buddy . I bought a 81 VW Sundagon Westy and went on Phish tour for 3 years. Later bought back my org 89/1/2 Suby from my buddy. Then began a string of Buying and Selling Subarus and Hondas over the next 10 or so years. Always upgrading. Over 20 gen 1 Legacys and 2 Legacy Turbos. Two 2.2 imprezas and Two 2.5rs. Bought and sold to make extra cash. Thus saving many cars with bad Auto trannys from the crusher. Including my 1st of many Auto to 5 speed conv. This was with no internet help. Its not that hard .

Well there was always that 1 Subaru i always wanted. A Gen 1 Legacy Turbo SS. Well in 2000 i came across a 91 Turbo ss 5sp White w/gray int 1 owner 95k on it . So i bought it for $2800. And I had my car . I hated the color combo but it would work. Now this was pre WRX in the US. I needed parts . So i stared getting parts from Japan. 1st Tein Coil overs then a tone of White line Susp parts . Then Exh parts to make a custom 3in exh . A top mount off a wrx. As the parts came in i held off on putting them on. That way i could do everything at 1 time with a buddy of mine. Well about 3 months after finding the 91 turbo i came across a 93 . The car i was really looking for a 93 Turbo SS. This car was mint. Not a dent ding the paint int everything was perfect. It was a dark marron not the best color but it had black int and lets face it the 92-94s just look cleaner. So the 91 would be my everyday car and the 93 my toy that got all the mods. Buy late 04 the 93 had a JDM EJ20 out of a WRX coil overs exh tons of goodies. It made just over 300hp 303hp .

Buy then i sold the 91. I had a cheaper and much better on gas 91 EF CIVIC SI hatch. By then i worked as a detailer at Subaru and in 05 we got the new 06 STIs in. I sold the 93 SS my EF and a few other toys to drop 10k down payment on a brand new 06 STI. I loved that car . But i always always wished i kept my 93 Legacy Turbo. So on and off for the past 2 years i have been looking for this very rare car. I live in the North west part of Conn . 2hr from NY City . Willing to drive for the right car. Well if anyone cares to read this and i left so much out. But please lmk Thanks Dreadnok AKA Jeremy
Last edited by dreadnok on Wed May 08, 2013 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hay Guy and Gals i am new to this site

Post by Legacy777 »

Welcome to the BBS.

I moved your thread to the Misc forum. I'd suggest checking out the car lot and maybe just posting a short WTB thread in there.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Welcome aswell! I've driven several STI's both current body and old, and have owned 2 SS's. The STI's are better cars in pretty much every way, but like you there's something drawing me back to the character and charm of a modified SS. ;)

I don't agree that the 92-94 looks better - the slanted headlights of the 91 looks way more aggressive, and the tail end, well, that's unique and Italian, unlike the common Nissan Maxima looking 92-94. Throw a black european garnish on the 92-94 trunk and I do think it looks way better, though.

1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
dreadnok
In Neutral

Post by dreadnok »

Yah dont get me wrong i love my 06 STI. I had tons of fun with that car. Its much easier to find parts for . But everyone seemed to have 1. When i went to car shows or the races with my Legacy that car drew a CROWD ! Most people had no idea subaru made a Turbo car in the US before the WRX. When i cam in the parking lot with that low end suby grunt and the blow off valve whistling people looked. And there was the fact that I built that car. It was fast because I made it fast. It looked good because I made it look good. That means something. I was like a proud father with that car. That car made me feel like no other car has. It was my 1st Turbo car. My 1st really quick car.
But the VERY BEST PART. SMOKING MUSTANGS !! Guys look at my 4 door which other than the Exh it being Slammed on black 2.5 rs wheels and a few other minor mods only suby guys would know. It looked Stock. But boy were they shocked when at the end of the race they were gaped . Then came the excuses lol . I cant wait to start my new build. I am going to look at a car SS this weekend. By the way your car looks sick !! I only have old paper pics of my car. I need to scan them on my comp some how. I hope to post them soon