Air Conditioning Conundrum.

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

xise
Third Gear

Air Conditioning Conundrum.

Post by xise »

So I was getting all set to re-install a previously deleted AC system, bought a new receiver/dryer and took my relocated coolant tank an stuffed it back to the factory location for now. Installed the AC compressor and the lines to the condenser, and I realized the compressor -> Condenser line does not fit the topfeed style compressor...:( So remove the compressor and bracket for the other style compressor I have. The suction line now fits fine but the evaporator to compressor line doesn't fit!! WTF....so I have an incomplete setup either way :smt013

So what I am asking is if anyone has the top feed style compressor discharge line, the thin one that goes from the compressor to the condenser.

The other option is to get the thicker suction line from the firewall to the compressor, but that would require me to modify the electrical connector and hop that the switch engages the clutch because the electrical connectors are different.

I could take some pictures if I am confusing anyone.
2004 Impreza 2.5RS Fränkenpreza Daily Driver
1993 Legacy Sport: Sedan Sex Panther-R.I.P. @ the boneyard
1991 Legacy L Wagon: Sex Panther II
2005 Outback XT Turbo grocery-getter Wife's Daily Driver
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Air Conditioning Conundrum.

Post by Legacy777 »

I think you're going to have to try and mix and match to get things to fit. Personally, modifying the electrical sounds easier to me, but I may not be picturing things properly....
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm