I want your advice

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

T-LEGGY
In Neutral

I want your advice

Post by T-LEGGY »

I have a 1994 Turbo wagon with a 4.11 5MT swap and after rebuilding the engine I havent been able to get it to fire. robertpaige has gone through just about every possible problem from timing to ECU grounds, sensors, etc and we still cant find the problem. The CEL is flashing knock sensor and crank sensor codes, which makes me think possibly timing is off by maybe a mark...so I think I have three options of what to do with the car at this point.
1) Take it to a shop with trained technicians and diagnostic tools that may be able to somehow get it to fire...or find out that it needs a whole new harness. Either way I have to pay $
2) Part out the car. I don't have much room to do this where I live right now and a lot of work.
3) Take engine and transmission out of the car and put it in another legacy and sell the shell. Again not a lot of room and still a lot of work

Anybody care to weigh in? Anybody have a method to make sure the timing isnt off by a mark?
'94 Winestone Turbo Wagon 4.111rLSD JDM 5speed/Rebuilt motor/ A'pexi power intake
alexandermf
Third Gear

Re: I want your advice

Post by alexandermf »

I'd honestly take it to Greg at slodrive... After dumping almost 2 grand into mine at a shop who thought could fix it and after two months nothing fixed... Greg was able to fix in a day and cheaper than I thought
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Oops I dont even know where ur located. I would find a shop who either knows their shit or offer to fly josh(legacy777) out to you like I was almost about to do!! I was getting crazy haha
T-LEGGY
In Neutral

Post by T-LEGGY »

I'm in Portland, OR. I'm just scared that it may need a new harness. There was a little soot in the fuse box above the fusible link that has me worried. I wonder if anyone would want to buy a non running car for a decent price. The drivetrain would be pretty awesome to swap into another car. Errrg I just want to drive my car!
'94 Winestone Turbo Wagon 4.111rLSD JDM 5speed/Rebuilt motor/ A'pexi power intake
free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Post by free5ty1e »

Got a spare ecu to try plugging in? Had similar issues and turned out to be that 2 injectors were getting no signal. Swapped ecu and bam fired right up. I still have that ecu with 2 bad injector outputs, as well as a 91 turbo ecu that is not currently being used but will be needed when I want to fire up my 91... im also in portland if you wanna try it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock
91SS 5MT awaiting engine rebuild and VF36...
92SS 4EAT - RIP :(
94SS 5MT4.11+rLSD 289k km: RobTune550,TD05-16g @ 18psi,FMIC,3"TBE,Forester lift
T-LEGGY
In Neutral

Post by T-LEGGY »

Yeah I've tried different ECUs ignitors and sensors. I had robertpaige rewire some brittle wiring. I think at this point I'd rather not put any more money into it. I mean hopefully someone would be interested in buying the whole car because I don't have room to part it out. I think Ill post it up here and see if anyone is interested in it.