Shop Service manuals question?

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Plazma
First Gear

Shop Service manuals question?

Post by Plazma »

Are there major differences between the 90MY and the 91MY Legacy? I'm looking around for service manuals for the 90MY but those are pretty hard to come by in a full set or in pieces. I found a full set for the 91MY Legacy however and I'm wondering is it worth spending the money or were things between the 90 and 91 so completely different that I'm better off continuing my search for 90MY service manuals?
James614
Fourth Gear

Re: Shop Service manuals question?

Post by James614 »

There's differences, but they really don't affect much related to service procedures. I have a set of MY91 manuals that I use for my '93 and it's served me well. Consider that any a independent manual will cover the entire body style run at the least (and typically 90-99/01 for Legacy's) due to them being 95% identical in service procedures.

I've actually been curious about what could possibly be in the '93 and '94 supplements that's different from what the older manuals have.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

I used to own a full set of '92 FSM with the '93 and '94 supplements. Wish I hadn't sold it actually. :P

The '93 supplement mostly dealt with the airbag system and a couple minor changes to wiring/etc.
The '94 supplement was almost entirely composed of changes to the A/C system, since '94 was the first year for R134 instead of R12.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

The 90 & 91 FSM's are going to be very very close and the differences should be minor.

I too have a set of the 92 FSM's, 93 & 94 supplement. The differences and changes are very minor.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm