Time difference

Let us know what you think about the site and the forums and give us your suggestions on how to make them better.

Moderator: Moderators

THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Time difference

Post by THAWA »

At first I thought it was just a mistake about something but since I signed up the time had always been an hour fast. I made sure my profile was set to GMT-8 since I am in PST but it was still an hour too fast. Like when it was really 5:00 here it would say 6:00 on the board. So I decided to just switch it GMT-7 and all the times lined up. This week however all the times were an hour slow, so when it was really 5:00 here it would be 4:00 on the boards. So I went back to GMT-8 and everything lines up. So does the board or server it's running on not switch for daylights savings time? It's really not all that big of a deal, but I'm just curious
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

No it does not, nor do any BBS boards, I guess. I had to change my GMT here as well as the XT forums. However, vBulletin forums DO. NASIOC, I-club, the USMB and RS25.com, I didn't have to do anything...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

it's however the server is setup. some server admins will set it up to GMT....some will set it up to the local time.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm