When people post large pics that you have to scroll to read

Let us know what you think about the site and the forums and give us your suggestions on how to make them better.

Moderator: Moderators

HomeSlice
Third Gear

When people post large pics that you have to scroll to read

Post by HomeSlice »

it gets anoying when people post large pics that throws the whole thread off. i have done it before. i mean you have to scroll over to read each coment. i know some boards keep the thread the same size so all the text will be in the window but the pic extends past the text. anyone follow me? is this possible in this forum? i think nasioc does it.
cheers,
Jim
MY93BC Legacy Sonora Sand---> black plasti-dip?
MY93GC Impreza Amethyst--> Glacier/aspen/pd White
93BC"edm" 93GC 90BC R.I.P.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

On the forums that do it, I think it's accomplished by some not-quite-standard HTML, which screws up some browsers... The best solution is to use some common sense when including pictures. Just posting a link is one way; posting a low-res version of the image with a link to the high-res version is another. I wonder, though, if that kind of thing could be made automatic somehow.

This board uses phpBB while NASIOC uses the related vBulletin, so there are a lot of small differences.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

there's a vbulletin hack that allows you to post images as a thumbnail where when you click on it it opens the pic in a new window and full res, dunno if there's anything like that for phpbb though
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I think that applies only to attached images, not remotely-hosted ones...

But it could be pretty easy to write a hack for phpBB that would render all included images as 64x64 thumbnails just by using the HEIGHT and WIDTH fields of the IMG tag in HTML. It would still require you to download the whole image, though, and the aspect ratio could be all wrong.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212